Mike Tyson Mysteries

Started by Daikun, May 10, 2013, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Adult Swim's 2013 Upfront was announced today, and a bit of a surprise popped up in their list of original series: A project from WBA!

QuoteMIKE TYSON MYSTERIES - In the new animated comedy series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets... by solving mysteries! Armed with a magical tattoo on his face and a trusty associate by his side -- a talking pigeon -- if you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner. The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his fowl-mouthed partner gear up for weekly adventures as they put unsolved mysteries -- like how to defeat a super computer at chess or why a famous author/werewolf can't finish his novel -- down for the count. Animated quarter-hour from Warner Bros Animation.

Dr. Insomniac

It shall be such an avant-garde show that minor minds like ours will be too casual to appreciate.

Peanutbutter

Hopefully this will be good and not random for the sake of random. It being done by WBA means it'll at least be animated well.

gunswordfist

Chuck Norris and Mr. T are crying tears of approval right now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

I don't know, compared to all the other crap they announced, this may be the best show AS has come up with in a while.

Avaitor

Not Zebras in America?

Bah.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Silverstar

As WTF?!-inducing as this idea sounds, it actually sounds like it could be head-and-shoulders above Adult Swim's usual drek. At least with WBA at the helm, it will be animated well, and hopefully the usual Williams Street hacks won't be writing it.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

hobbyfan

Quote from: Silverstar on May 11, 2013, 05:04:13 PM
As WTF?!-inducing as this idea sounds, it actually sounds like it could be head-and-shoulders above Adult Swim's usual drek. At least with WBA at the helm, it will be animated well, and hopefully the usual Williams Street hacks won't be writing it.

Can I get an AMEN up in here?

Daikun

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

A speed buggy knock off...

You have my interest, [adult swim].

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 01, 2013, 12:15:18 AMA speed buggy knock off...

...Wow. :zonk: When I first looked at the image, that thought didn't even occur to me.

Now that I think about it, when was the last time AS made a Hanna-Barbera parody series? Those were certainly when AS' originals were at their best. Nice to see that WBA is trying to recapture that.

The Shadow Gentleman

gunswordfist

hobbyfan

Wait. That may not just be a Speed Buggy rip-off. Considering it's Speedy's 40th anniversary, it may be Speedy him/itself. It wouldn't be an [as] project without some kind of back-handed tribute to H-B's past, even if it's WBA.