Mike Tyson Mysteries

Started by Daikun, May 10, 2013, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Well, maybe it is a redesigned Speed Buggy, but it looks quite different from the original to be honest, despite their similarities. Either way, if this show treats HB's shows with the humorous treatment Harvey Birdman gave them, then this could be quite a fun show.

Daikun

It's been a while since we've heard anything...

The show is due in the Fall, and we have action figures!

Peanutbutter

Cool, can't wait. Sort of hoping the pilot will be an intentional parody of Mr. T and the Ts (whatever the crap that was called).

Avaitor

I hope this does well enough so we can get a Dennis Rodman's peace Squad sequel series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 19, 2014, 03:18:00 PM
Cool, can't wait. Sort of hoping the pilot will be an intentional parody of Mr. T and the Ts (whatever the crap that was called).
I have no doubt that'll be the route this will take.

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on July 26, 2014, 11:25:37 AM
Trailer!
That was brilliantly ridiculous. Loved it!
Didn't realise Norm Macdonald was to be part of the cast.

I'm thinking this could be a good shot in the arm for [as].

Peanutbutter

That was funny! Exactly like Harvey Birdman and Sealab, i.e. the exact kind of show AS needs way more of. Pigeon and the Marquess are going to be awesome characters I can tell.

You know what would really rock? An episode that features a parody of Punch-Out.

Daikun

The trailer reminded me of The Venture Bros.

Also, unless I missed something, where was the talking car from the teaser image? I don't think I saw it anywhere in the trailer.

LumRanmaYasha

I love how the Marquess is a parody of Funky Phantom and the Pigeon is a parody of HB mascot characters.  ;D

I guess they ditched the talking car. Oh well.

hobbyfan

The teaser has me interested. If Iron Mike actually developed this himself for [as], I'll give him a gold star. Yes, they're tossing parodies of 70's H-B in there at every turn, but as I said, it's not [as] if they weren't making a mockery of those halcyon days.

That said, Ani-Mike looks a bit like Curly Neal (Harlem Globetrotters), but with the tattoo and gap tooth. Didn't know Mike was a toon fan as a kid......

Daikun

Premiere date: October 27 at 10:30PM.

LumRanmaYasha

Sweet! Hopefully it's as funny as the trailer suggested it was.

Daikun

It begins tonight at 10:30!

Or you can watch it now on Adult Swim Video!

LumRanmaYasha

The first episode has been up on ASV and youtube for about a week, actually. I've watched it. The first episode had a lot of expository dialogue at the beginning and not  many strong jokes, so I kind of found it dull overall. But I do like the concept of the show, and the characters seem amusing enough, so I think it could improve in future episodes. I'll stick with it for the time being.