Things That Bother You About Anime

Started by gunswordfist, May 12, 2013, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-05-19/blazblue-alter-memory-anime-story-cast-staff-revealed

QuoteThe games' Toshimichi Mori is supervising the project, and Hideki Tachibana (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira) is directing the anime at teamKG and Hoods Entertainment. Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is collaborating on the direction. Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Mysterious Girlfriend X) is overseeing the series scripts being co-written by Tatsuya Takahashi (The IDOLM@STER, Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~). Tomoyuki Shitaya (Bakuman., Hatsukoi Limited, /b]Kiss?sis[/b]) is serving as both character designer and chief animation director.

QuoteHoods Entertainment

QuoteAnime with which this company was involved:

Aki Sora
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Qwaser of Stigmata

:srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Y Ruler of Time did this video on the top 5 dumbest evil plans by manga villains. I've read 4 out of 5 of those series, myself, and I agree with each of those choices. I ESPECIALLY agree with number 3, mostly because I hate that series with a passion. You guys should check it out. Its totally worth a watch.

LumRanmaYasha

A fun video. I've only read two of those series, but I certainly do agree with #1 and #4, and why the rest are stupid make sense to me too.

However, I was quite surprised neither Aizen nor Ginjo were on this list. They are easily the most inane and poorly written villains ever created, with plans that make no godamn sense at all, and their actual motivations change so frequently they never had a solidly written plan to begin with. It's telling that Aizen only became a villain because Kubo felt that he shouldn't have died, and I suspect Ginjo was only mad into a villain because he realized Tsukishima was stupid and incredibly lame to be an enemy for Ichigo to fight. Of course, making Ginjo a villain and the rationale for his motivations in being one make absolutely no godamn sense and it doesn't help that the character is basically Aizen 2.0 but less hyped up. Aizen was equally as bad though, if not more so, because his motivations for doing what he did kept fucking changing and honestly I have no clue what he wanted to do ultimately because he kept dicking around doing pointless and ultimately useless things that served no purpose but to show how "evil" he was. They are easily two of the worst villains ever created, and are likely soon to be joined by whatshisname from the current arc who is equally asinine.  I don't read Bleach anymore, though, because it's not even fun to make fun of anymore and is just plain unbearable to go through, so I'll probably not know just how bad the new villain will get, unless my curiosity gets the better of me.

The Shadow Gentleman

Spiritual successor to my last post.

LumRanmaYasha

Wow. Nice to have everything I tend to hate about the typical kids anime characters all in one post. Whoever made that did some good work!

Although technically InuYasha is really around 100 or so years old (not including the amount of time he was pinned to the tree), and is just biologically looks 15 because demons age slower than humans. Nitpick.

Daxdiv

I love how Crona is labeled as Crona.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Tumblr dudes need to learn how to get to the point and not make some big ass collage of shit I don't care to look at.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 19, 2013, 10:12:20 PM
Tumblr dudes need to learn how to get to the point and not make some big ass collage of shit I don't care to look at.
Well, you're going to hate being a teacher.

gunswordfist

That reminds me, when it comes to anime, the thing that bothers me more than anything else is when people think that anime studios are try to make Japanese characters look like white people. Yeah, because white people have naturally purple hair and big round eyes :unimpressed: I can see you making that mistake if you are 8 years old. Also, some dumb fuck on some site, I think tv.com, said that anime characters look white because Japanese people want to be white :wth: And of course this brain dead guy said something like "No offense but.."
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2013, 05:16:34 PM
Also, some dumb fuck on some site, I think tv.com, said that anime characters look white because Japanese people want to be white :wth:
OH GOD, I remember that.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 20, 2013, 05:50:16 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2013, 05:16:34 PM
Also, some dumb fuck on some site, I think tv.com, said that anime characters look white because Japanese people want to be white :wth:
OH GOD, I remember that.
Then I'm glad I left tv.com.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I remember hearing one time that in Japan the idea of Japanese beauty for women is at least being a raven-haired and having skin as pure white as snow. I have no idea where I heard that.

Angus

Stuff that bothers me in anime:

MC doesn't develop.
Excessive fanservice. No point in wanting to see someone naked when they're already naked in the opening.
Smart characters that are just too smart for anyone to care about.
Harem attraction for super weak reasons. (oh, you gave me an umbrella to use one day; I'm gonna live with you now.)
Eyebrows drawn on top of light hair.
Action scenes that are full of panning still shots.
When the show is a carbon-copy of the manga.  If I wanted that, I'd read the manga.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Funny thing is I actually know that "I don't even know what this is" cutesie animal now. And it did have one moment of brilliance in the series.