Futurama

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregX

Calling it now... Donald Trump's head succeeds Nixon's head to Earth's presidency.

Peanutbutter

To me, the worst episode was that Christmas one that seemed to be an attempt at a Holiday version of Treehouse of Horror.

I always had an odd feeling Futurama wasn't going to end on Fry and Leela looping through their lives. With everything getting reboots, even 90s Saturday morning cartoons I thought Futurama would probably be brought back. CC is still hurting for non-South Park content. I wonder when the MTV reboots start airing???

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 10, 2022, 01:13:11 AM
That, and while it dodged the issue more than most CC cartoons, Futurama still suffered from the same problem every animated series on that channel goes through where it tries to be South Park but doesn't understand how or why South Park works (for a recent example of this phenomenon: look at Fairview). So you've got all these gags that try to be transgressive but ultimately come off as crudely one-note.
Yeah, I recall that being my biggest problem with the Comedy Central episodes, how weirdly political a lot of them were. The original show seldom went in that direction, and the writers never seemed to get the right balance in tone that South Park mostly handles. When it went closer to the OG series, like "The Late Philip J. Fry" or the finale, it was a lot better.

I hope they stay in that direction with the new series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I still wanna know why they did an Obama birther episode where it turned out the fringe right group was right about the Obama stand-in. I feel like you invalidate whatever point you were trying to make about how dumb those birthers were when you proved them right.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Hulu has preview descriptions for the first two episodes.

Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Insomniac

At least they remembered.