South Park

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 31, 2010, 01:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

"A Million Little Fibers" is the episode I not only like the least in the series, but downright despise. It's not funny, at all. In fact, it's such a rare combination of blandness, mediocrity, and juvenile offensiveness that it likely rivals or exceeds the terribleness of zombie age The Simpsons episodes. Worse yet, it took Towelie, a fun and likeable character in short, quick doses, gave him a fucking full episode, and completely screwed his character up the wazoo. I'm really happy that "Crippled Summer" was created so the character could be retired in a good (very funny) episode instead of easily South Park's worst episode ever.

Nel_Annette

Actually, CX, that's the first one that came to mind when I asked myself if I hated any episodes. I do think it's one of the ones I like least, but I'll still watch it and enjoy it for what it is when it comes on. I do like the banter between the ass and vagina characters.

Which is a sentence no one should ever have to say, ever.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, I could do a list of my top 10 least favorite South Park episodes as well, but I'd probably only actually downright hate the bottom 5, so maybe a smaller number would be appropriate. That said, I pretty much agree with Foggle about those episodes being bad, and I could even add a few more that I hate, myself.

But, overall, yeah, this is very much a show in which the good far outweighs the bad, which is why I still feel that it should have made the top 20 in our top 65 animated series list.

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 11, 2013, 11:07:13 PM
"A Million Little Fibers" is the episode I not only like the least in the series, but downright despise. It's not funny, at all. In fact, it's such a rare combination of blandness, mediocrity, and juvenile offensiveness that it likely rivals or exceeds the terribleness of zombie age The Simpsons episodes. Worse yet, it took Towelie, a fun and likeable character in short, quick doses, gave him a fucking full episode, and completely screwed his character up the wazoo. I'm really happy that "Crippled Summer" was created so the character could be retired in a good (very funny) episode instead of easily South Park's worst episode ever.
It seriously makes The Cleveland Show look like high comedy. I wanted to slit my wrists while I was watching it.

As for Eat, Pray, Queef, it's in a similar boat to You're Getting Old for me; while I don't think it's particularly funny, it has enough humorous moments and a good enough message for me to like it.

LumRanmaYasha

I think "You're Getting Old" is a really great episode, but "Eat, Pray, Queef" isn't bad thanks to how it approached and followed through with it's sexism message, and I thought the parts with Terrance and Phillip in that episode were hilarious, so I didn't think it was awful in the least.

Foggle

I loved You're Getting Old... until the following episode completely undid much of what I liked about it. I still think it's a good episode, but it's been cheapened for me a lot.

Nel_Annette

I agree about You're Getting Old, Foggle. I love that episode, and the follow-up, but I do dislike how they just completely dropped it for the status quo. That, and Stan's drinking at the end. That's one of the only times where I've found something more depressing than funny. I got the same feeling from the end of the Coon trilogy. I love the episodes, but I don't like how they built up Kenny's little sub-plot just to end it on a Mint Berry Crunch joke. I get it; it's the joke that the message is for him, not Kenny, but I didn't like that. We already knew the answer to Kenny's question, hell, we even saw the process by which he's reborn, but for Kenny himself, he never really seemed to get closure as to what was going on.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I totally agree about the Ass Burgers and the Coon: Hindsight trilogy's endings. But in the case of Ass Burgers, it didn't ruin the message of You're Getting Old for me since I had already expected the status quo to reset anyway (in fact, I figured they would just continue the show as if nothing has happened, so making a sequel episode to it actually surprised me).

Daxdiv

I heard that even Trey and Matt hate Million Little Fibers, they described it as "Weirdness on top of weirdness or wearing a hat on top of a hat" At least, that's what I remember from one of the DVD commentaries. Either that or I'm thinking of that episode where Jimmy and Timmy were in a Special Needs camp and Towelie had an Intervention where they said that. I can't quite recall. So pretty much Million Little Fibers is one of the most top least favorite episodes of South Park.

I need to think a bit about my favorite episodes a bit, or at least putting it in a coherent order, but the ones I did list would still probably make it.

Eddy

All these years and I've never been able to make it through "A Million Little Fibers". I watched it on TV when it premiered and just stopped. It was just so awful.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on May 12, 2013, 02:09:02 AM
All these years and I've never been able to make it through "A Million Little Fibers". I watched it on TV when it premiered and just stopped. It was just so awful.
Yeah, it's the only episode I've been physically unable to finish.

LumRanmaYasha

I've watched it beginning to end three times and have regretted it each and every time.  :'(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Meh. Personally I think Jakovasaurs was a worse episode, but their both shit. That said, I prefer to focus on the good stuff rather than dwell on the bad stuff. So in the end I end up finding those episodes forgettable and, well....forget about them. I only ever even recall bad episodes like those when somebody else brings them up.

Commode

I don't know about a top ten list, but the only episode I truly hate to watch is "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina".  It was one of the catalysts for me to stop watching the show. 

I don't really remember "A Million Little Fibers".  Like, I know I've seen it a few times, I just don't remember it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I remember that Matt and Trey put out a top 5 least favorite episodes list for EW a few years ago. I think I have that issue (the Avengers were on the cover), so I'll have to look.

On the top of my head, I remember that they put all of season 1 as its own entry.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/