Star Wars Rebels

Started by Dr. Insomniac, May 20, 2013, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Hopefully it'll be good while it lasts. We haven't had a good Star Wars show since Tartakovsky Clone Wars.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

The other Clone Wars series wasn't bad, it just had its continuity all over the place. I still love Star Wars, so I'm looking forward to this. So far Greg is said to be an executive producer, but I wonder how many episodes he'll write. And since this is Star Wars post-Disney, that hopefully means this will get a third season.

That being said, the so-called "Weisman Curse" is bullcrap, he worked on Max Steel and that managed to get a third season. Plus, he was only on W.I.T.C.H. for its second season so he only had one season that time. And then there's of course all the other shows he's written an episode or done other work for like Batman: The Brave and the Bold that managed to complete their runs. The "curse" is a joke.  :D

Avaitor

He wasn't a producer for any of those, though. The "curse" is only meant to apply to the shows he had a particular hand on, not just the odd script or two.

The "curse" IS a silly phenomenon, since really, who does believe in curses? But it's sad to think that some great show he was involved with didn't get to run for as long as they could. Even Young Justice had potential for a third, stronger season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2013, 10:59:12 AM
We haven't had a good Star Wars show since Tartakovsky Clone Wars.

So, in other words, we've never had a good Star Wars show. :>

Daikun

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2013, 12:24:15 PM

Only if you're dumb enough to criticize a micro series for not having enough story and thought the new Clone Wars show could be better for that reason. :sly:

Goldstar

Good news for Star Wars fans. I'm guessing that Star Wars Rebels will be airing on Disney XD.

Too bad that Star Wars Detours has been delayed until ??? I was kind of looking forward to seeing that.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2013, 12:24:15 PM

:srs:

Anyway, if it's both Weisman and Star Wars, I'll at least check it out. Hopefully he can learn from the mistakes of Young Justice.

gunswordfist

What's Detours again?

And yes, let's hope Weisman + Star Wars is as great as we hope it is.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2013, 01:40:22 PM
Only if you're dumb enough to criticize a micro series for not having enough story and thought the new Clone Wars show could be better for that reason. :sly:

Those are just lame excuses on your part for the lack of actual good story and characterization, based on the general lack of talent that Gendy has at writing serious material. Its the same reason why SBT is complete shit.

Also, the Avengers micro-episodes, while not on par with the full episodes of the series, proved that you could have a decent story and tons of characterization in just 5-minutes at a time, so you really have no argument.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2013, 05:16:49 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2013, 01:40:22 PM

Those are just lame excuses on your part for the lack of actual good story and characterization, based on the general lack of talent that Gendy has at writing serious material. Its the same reason why SBT is complete shit.

Also, the Avengers micro-episodes, while not on par with the full episodes of the series, proved that you could have a decent story and tons of characterization in just 5-minutes at a time, so you really have no argument.
Clone Wars was serious? SBT was a monster-of-the-week show. It didn't need deep writing. There you go putting the wrong benchmarks of quality on the wrong shows. And I thought you said you never criticized SBT because of its story the last time we talked about it but now that's apparently the only reason that it's 'complete shit' this time? Nope, you're the only thing that's full of shit. You think that if an action toon does not have the same qualities BTAS does then it's bad but that's fucking stupid seeing how Genndy's shows aren't the same type of show Batman is. Actually point out the things that are wrong with GT's shows instead of that next time. ;)

Avaitor

To be fair, Lucas isn't really a great storyteller himself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on May 20, 2013, 05:40:25 PM
To be fair, Lucas isn't really a great storyteller himself.
Don't go there here. :D Clone Wars still had a better writing than the last two Star Wars films though (I've never seen all of Episode 1)

Spark Of Spirit

I'll tune in, but Star Wars doesn't tend to attract much attention from me these days.

They should have given him an Indy show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton