Star Wars Rebels

Started by Dr. Insomniac, May 20, 2013, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2013, 12:24:15 PM
So, in other words, we've never had a good Star Wars show. :>
You shut your dirty whore mouth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cuUyOzDwk

Quote from: Avaitor on May 20, 2013, 11:55:21 AM
The "curse" IS a silly phenomenon, since really, who does believe in curses?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2013, 05:37:37 PM
Clone Wars was serious? SBT was a monster-of-the-week show. It didn't need deep writing. There you go putting the wrong benchmarks of quality on the wrong shows. And I thought you said you never criticized SBT because of its story the last time we talked about it but now that's apparently the only reason that it's 'complete shit' this time? Nope, you're the only thing that's full of shit. You think that if an action toon does not have the same qualities BTAS does then it's bad but that's fucking stupid seeing how Genndy's shows aren't the same type of show Batman is. Actually point out the things that are wrong with GT's shows instead of that next time. ;)

None of that argument even makes any sense. I never even mentioned BTAS, so I have no idea where you're going with that argument.

I never said that Clone Wars and SBT are crap because they aren't deep. I like plenty of things that have little to no depth. I don't like those shows because they are all flash and have zero substance (the same as Samurai Jack). I just find that boring. Personally I like a little bit more personality and actual entertainment value to what I watch. I suppose it doesn't take much to feed your mindless brain, though. :>

Dr. Insomniac

There comes a point where style can become substance like with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure though.

Also, since this is set between III and IV, we at least finally get to know the ending of a Greg Weisman show.

The Shadow Gentleman

Weisman writing Palpatine.

Yes.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2013, 05:37:37 PM
Clone Wars was serious? SBT was a monster-of-the-week show. It didn't need deep writing. There you go putting the wrong benchmarks of quality on the wrong shows. And I thought you said you never criticized SBT because of its story the last time we talked about it but now that's apparently the only reason that it's 'complete shit' this time? Nope, you're the only thing that's full of shit. You think that if an action toon does not have the same qualities BTAS does then it's bad but that's fucking stupid seeing how Genndy's shows aren't the same type of show Batman is. Actually point out the things that are wrong with GT's shows instead of that next time. ;)

None of that argument even makes any sense. I never even mentioned BTAS, so I have no idea where you're going with that argument.

I never said that Clone Wars and SBT are crap because they aren't deep. I like plenty of things that have little to no depth. I don't like those shows because they are all flash and have zero substance (the same as Samurai Jack). I just find that boring. Personally I like a little bit more personality and actual entertainment value to what I watch. I suppose it doesn't take much to feed your mindless brain, though. :>
I thought you just said in this thread that SBT sucks just because of its story, not because it lacked personality. Stop pulling these arguments out of your ass.  .3.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't pull an argument out of my ass when its not even an argument. I think you're just too stubborn to admit the fact that SBT and most other shit that you like flat-out sucks. :sly:

gunswordfist

Flat-out sucks? That title belongs to Spectacular Spider-Man. I'd rather watch Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
Flat-out sucks? That title belongs to Spectacular Spider-Man. I'd rather watch Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends.
Quotesucks
QuoteSpectacular Spider-Man
:master:

Foggle

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on May 21, 2013, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
Quotesucks
QuoteSpectacular Spider-Man
:master:
:giles:

Avaitor

We need smileys of Lana. For both "yep" and "nope".
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on May 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM
We need smileys of Lana. For both "yep" and "nope".
Yes!

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd make yet another retort to piss off GSF, but it looks like he just went and killed his own credibility for me (yet again). Way to go, GSF! :thumbup:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
I'd make yet another retort to piss off GSF, but it looks like he just went and killed his own credibility for me (yet again). Way to go, GSF! :thumbup:
SS's Doc Ock is shitty

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 05:38:46 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
SS's Doc Ock is shitty
It can get worse.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton