Author Topic: AR Book Club  (Read 18017 times)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
Re: AR Book Club
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
I'm making my way through The Wise Man's Fear, the second of The Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy. I really liked The Name of the Wind (I even double-dipped to pick up the 10th Anniversary Edition) and I'm really loving the sequel. By far it's a superior book to the already engaging first novel. I'm just not looking forward to finishing it because seeing as how it released back in 2011 and there is no word of when the third book will be released, we're pretty much looking at a Winds of Winter length wait for the conclusion to the story.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2017, 05:48:15 PM »
I decided to take a quick break from comics and manga after catching up with Rat Queens (although that might change, as volume 4 of Berserk just came in the mail), and bought a cheap copy of The Dark Half. I've been wanting to go on a mini-Stephen King splurge in between the movies for The Dark Tower and It, but at the same time, my interest in getting to the latter has declined. That said, I'm really liking this one so how, although knowing his knack for bad endings, I'm expecting a shit twist to explain everything coming up.

I do want to do a full reread of Dark Tower along with Misery, and finally give The Stand another shot. I can't find the first Dark Tower, or the other novels I mentioned, however, so we'll see how that goes. Which is a shame, since I think those would be good for my flight.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »
Finished The Wise Man's Fear during my lunch break today. I enjoyed The Name of the Wind but this second book is really where I found myself hooked. The only downside is that I have another Winds of Winter scenario to deal with in that I'll find myself waiting indefinitely for the next book to come out. I do have a copy of Rogues lying around, which I admittedly only picked up for the "A Song of Ice and Fire" and "The Kingkiller Chronicle" spin-off stories included in it, but those will hardly last me for too long.

That said, it's definitely worth reading this series before the inevitable live-action adaptations find a way to screw it up.

I'll be moving onto some other fantasy novels later on, but for now I have a horror novel that I've been meaning to read through.