Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Gem Heist - Ruby and Sapphire episodes tend to be among the best, and I personally feel this is no exception. A lot of funny moments like Steven's Spanish, and Holly Blue Agate's punctual-ness. We see a bit of Blue Diamond's ship, with plenty of other Amethyst guards. Unsurprisingly, they seem to share the exact same sense of humor as the Amethyst we know. I like how even split Sapphire takes charge of the Gems with Ruby in place of her absence. A lot of uncomfortable moments for Pearl. There was a nice direction of her expressions to Agate's remarks and condescension. I really enjoyed the backgrounds in this, which is nothing compared to today's episode which I'll review tomorrow. Overall, a decent debut for some new characters, thought nothing too major plot wise that might not could have been wrapped up with the events of Adventures in Light Distortion.

I will say my favorite moment was Sapphire's "wink". :D

Peanutbutter

The Zoo - Finally Steven catches up to his dad. A lost of fantastic visual art in this episode. The colors, the water, the trees, the Zoo is pretty easy-on-the-eyes. The premise is also very interesting. As explained a few episodes ago, we now know that Pink Diamond collected a bit of humans which Blue Diamond has continued as a tribute to her I imagine. I wonder if they have these Zoos for other species? At any rate, knowing that there are actual humans that live off the planet and inside a colonial alien ship is a great way to expand upon the series lore. This is definitely something I hope they go back through the rest of the season. As far as the plot goes, it was amusing seeing Steven and Greg interact with the inhabitants like J10 and Y6, culminating in quite a funny if somewhat disturbing scene. The Amethysts consoling the humans was surprisingly heartwarming. This episode was fun, and better than the last two episodes before. Tomorrow, I'll sum up That Will Be All and we're done with this arc!

Daikun

This week's episode is going to get...bloody.

Peanutbutter

A new Crystal Gem?! Whoa, I thought it would just be a regular episode with Renaldo!

Avaitor

New SU game, and it actually sounds pretty cool. It's pretty different for a usual licensed game based off of a cartoon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Tiger Philanthropist finally aired. Not quite as good as Tiger Millionaire which is my personal favorite episode, but a decent episode showing the amount of personal growth both Amethyst and Steven have gone through. Can't wait to see them as Smoky Quartz again soon.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on March 09, 2017, 02:11:05 PM
New SU game, and it actually sounds pretty cool. It's pretty different for a usual licensed game based off of a cartoon.

Art style will take some getting used to if its final, but this sounds really great!

Avaitor

The last couple of episodes haven't been my favorite. I'm normally not as against Beach City episodes as others, but Ronaldo's a lot to take in, and he was getting on my nerves in his episode. The wrestling episode was surprising to see, since we haven't come back to Steven and Amethyst's career her in a while, and while I'm for it, this wasn't too exciting, and I similarly get tired of Lars pretty quickly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I don't mind Renaldo. He gets pushy at times definitely, but at least Steven called him out on everything and then he made that apology that was kind of funny. I think it would be better though if instead of making him a roommate for one episode, they actually show him attempting to investigate his rock person theory.

Lars I still don't like that much, but at least it seems he actually learned some things from the events of The New Lars as he's been constantly been seen hanging out with Sadie and not being a jerk to her.

Peanutbutter

Today's episode Room For Ruby wasn't just good, it was great! Though, its going to be a bit hard to put into words tonight. While the last two episodes were decent, they both lacked a bit of the usual spark that all the best SU episodes have. Without giving anything away yet, this episode brought it all in spades.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Nice!! Knew this was coming back soon, glad CN is not doing long hiatuses this year so far!

EDIT: Ok, back from the teaser and...........  :wth:

.........the rest of the season will be astounding.  :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

Dr. Insomniac

Peridot when she finds out Steven's a father.

Peanutbutter

I'm not sure its Steven that kid is talking to.

Dr. Insomniac