Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Sweet! Watching them all soon!

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Why or how it took so long is anyone's guess, but I can't wait!!

Peanutbutter

So I've watched the episodes that were on the app or whatnot, did it come back on TV yesterday or is it officially next week?

Daikun

New episodes start on Monday at 7:30PM.

Peanutbutter

Just Monday or is this an all week deal? Because they usually do that when they plan on airing more than a couple episodes.

At any rate, glad to see it back in time for my birthday this week!  :shakeshakeshake:

Daikun

Peanutbutter

So weekly on Mondays?

Good, that's the hottest night of the week!

Daikun

Yeah. It seems CN is done with the bomb format that they've been doing for the past few years.

Nel_Annette

Thank frick. Maybe I can actually get back into the show now.

Peanutbutter

Your Mother and Mine- Nice window pane style art in this one. Garnet's interactions with the Off-Colors was sweet. Padaparasha's predictions being fitting to the present was a good running gag. Interesting that Steven didn't correct Garnet when she mentioned Pink Diamond being shattered by Rose given the events of The Trial.

Also, first White Diamond sighting! Or rather her arm, at least.  :-\ Though, SU has always been very heavy on foreshadowing. Could an appearance from her be in the near future?

Peanutbutter

Just caught a promo, new episodes will continue next week with a 30 minute special! Pretty cryptic promo too, as it implies the Crystal Gems may finally tell Steven the whole story about Rose and Pink Diamond.

I'll try and do my short reviews for the other App episodes later.

Peanutbutter

The Big Show- A nice character building episode of Sadie by showing her progress as a singer with The Cool Kids and their band. Barb appears again of course, but not as much. I was surprised a little they broke a cliche by not having her show up at the end despite how big a supporter she is of Sadie. It makes me wonder what will happen next with their arc. Making Greg the manager of Sadie Killer and The Suspects was a nice touch.

Pool Hopping- Basically, this episode is the opposite of Future Vision. There Steven had a crisis of conscience about trying to keep himself safe from every bad future to the point of a nervous breakdown in the rain with Garnet talking him down. Here, Garnet keeps trying to come to grips with Steven getting older and more mature by trying to adjust her predictions by doing as many spontaneous activities with her adopted son as possible. This backfires a bit when they come across some lost kittens until Garnet decides she can look after one of the kittens like she used to with Steven. I liked that they went back and finished posing for Vidalia when otherwise she would have been left in the cold.

Letters to Lars- Former Mayor Dewey tries to figure out what to do now that he conceded his position to Nanefua, ultimately deciding to take over running The Big Donut now that Sadie is moving up as a singer and Lars still out in space. These changes are noted to Lars via the aforementioned letters Steven sends him through his hair. Other than character development for Mr. Dewey nothing too big happens in this one, but it is good to see how different this season has been in even the side episodes by giving the Beach City cast new things to do.

Peanutbutter

So.....a BIG twist just came out of today's special. I'll wait a few days for you guys to catch up, but let's just say those spoilers that leaked a bit ago have NOTHING on what happened in today's episode.

I'm still in shock......  :wth: :o :o :o

Nel_Annette

I remember that twist being one of the earliest theories the fandom had about that character. Without proper context to back it up, it had kind of petered out over time. Funny to see it turned out to be true. Looking back, there's been a lot of really good foreshadowing pointing to it.