Sanjay and Craig

Started by Avaitor, May 24, 2013, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

This shit is bloody awful.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 28, 2013, 01:08:34 AM
I'm also questioning the portrayal of an Indian kid whose best friend is a snake while he eats Curry-Os.

Yeah...as an Indian myself, that kinda portrayal sorta rubs me the wrong way, and I was cool with how Apu used to be treated pre-zombie era on The Simpsons and found Drawn Together's take on us absolutely hilarious.  :sweat:

I dunno about hating on this too much though. This show isn't really very shit, in my opinion. It's just very meh, like everything else Nickelodeon airs these days.

Daxdiv

I'll probably give it a few more episodes before dropping it. Felt like Nick was trying to copy one of Cartoon Network's show and it backfired. I also thought that I was the only one that thought the art style looked like a cross between Regular Show and Bob's Burgers.

Here I thought I would get something else to watch on Nick other than Korra and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Well, at least I still got those.

gunswordfist

Korra needs to hurry up and come back.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Finally got a chance to see it earlier. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Felt like I was watching some kind of Bob's Burgers reject (the art style is way too eerily similar; is this from the same studio or what?).

I'll say this, though; at least they're kinda trying on this one. A couple of things here; it's not CG, it's not based off of any existing property, and it doesn't have Butch Hartman's fingerprint all over it... that's more than we can say for a new Nicktoon in quite some time (I honestly think Mighty B was the last one that meets all of these qualifications, and that came out like five years ago). So, I mean... it could be worse. I guess.

RacattackForce

For a show that has the creators of The Adventures of Pete and Pete and the creator of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack on as producers, I found this show to be mediocre. It's clear that Nickelodeon wants to recapture the feeling and spirit of their 90s programming with this show, especially since network notes for this show constantly wanted the creators to go farther with the gross-out content. And it is clear that the trio of creators did have some fun making this show. But I personally can't grab onto this. I'll give it a few more chances, but Sanjay and Craig just doesn't work for me at the moment.

(P.S. - One of the creators, Jay Howell, did the character designs for Bob's Burgers. So that's why it looks similar.)

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Either I'm getting senile or the show is actually improving. Please help me.

Silverstar

People have been saying that the subsequent episodes have been better than the opener, which honestly wouldn't take much, since the pilot was loud and obnoxious. I might, repeat, might, check out an episode or 2 in the future.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

There was a recent episode where Sanjay tries to emulate Tufflips and unintentionally ends up filming an entire tv commercial for him. I laughed pretty hard at the ending.

Goldstar

People have been saying that episodes 2 and 3 have been better and less gross than episode 1 was. I was going to tune in to S&J yesterday morning, but Nick aired a repeat of the series opener.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

I watched another episode of Sanjay and Craig this past weekend, and...still meh at best. The ep I saw was better than the pilot, but still nothing I'd go out of my way to watch.

I guess S&C just isn't for me, as I find the title duo, their co-stars and their antics painfully uninteresting. Sanjay's mom is the best character on the show, IMO, which should really tell you something.

Also, I fucking hate the show's theme song. This show tries way too hard to be cool 'n' cah-raaaaaaazy. No need to force the wacky. Something either is outrageous or it isn't.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Skeeter Valentine

I caught some of this show while I was in my hotel room last week. I want to find whoever thought this was a good idea and throw them out a window.

toonyboy12

urgh this show this god damm show is one of the worst things ive ever seen (and ive seen fanboy and chumchum)

first off the animation is terrible the character designs are bland and forgettable and the colour sceme is plain bad and some of the visuals in this are disturbing  for the sake of it

the humour is bad its just fart jokes and butt jokes etc etc etc (i knoe ren and stimpy had this but that show had actual good writing and knew to have more than just toilet humour)  sanjay and craig dosent have any other form of humour than toilet humour and its really bad toilet humour at that

and the characters are so bad there not even worth mentioning

in conclusion this show sucks and avoid it at all cost unless you really like toilet humour