The DVD Shelf Movie Reviews

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 27, 2013, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To call this a review show would be misleading. Most of his videos tend to delve into the history of these movies and how they were made, which I personally find to be fascinating, hence why I like this show so much. His videos tend to be rather lengthy, but I don't mind it because as you said, he tends to stay concise and avoid rambling. My personal favorite review of his is the Godzilla 1954 episode.

The only problem that I have with this show is that it takes forever for a new episode to come out, but it's not hard to see why given the amount of research and editing that David has to do for each new video.

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was another good review, even though it was for a film that I had no interest in. While I doubt I'd enjoy the film the same way that David did, it was enough to convince me to maybe give it a shot if it runs on TV or something.

LumRanmaYasha

As someone who did like the movie for what it was and had just as much knowledge of the source material going into it as David did, I think he did a good job highlighting it's merits and why it's not as bad as a lot of people seem to make it out to be, unlike The Lone Ranger, which was truly poorly-written, irredeemable garbage that had absolutely no respect for it's source material at all.

Daikun

Avaitor

Whoa! I'm totally gonna get to this later. Although it make sense that this was belated, since despite being horror, I don't really associate Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Halloween at all. It's a classic summer movie.

Oh, I recently got to see his Hawaii episode, which was fantastic! My only problem with Rose's style of reviewing is how he would focus too much on the history of most of his subjects before and often times after the film he's reviewing in question, which doesn't always correlate to them, so with the limited time he had on the movies here, he went straight for his strengths in critique. There's some great material in there, and I also learned a lot about Hawaii as well. It and Godzilla are among my favorites of his, for sure, although I also give his Batman: The Movie review bonus points for being one of the best overviews on the Adam West series out there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually really admire how much he goes into the history of each film that he reviews so in depth. Admittedly it's not something that everyone will be into, but you can tell how passionate he is about what he reviews, and how much work and research he puts into each video.

Anyways, I watched half of this review, and will watch the other half tomorrow after I get some sleep, but believe it or not I still have yet to see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and this is really enticing me to finally watch it.

Also, my favorite review of his is definitely Godzilla.

Daikun

New episode just in time for Christmas!

Bad Santa

Avaitor

Sweet, I love this movie! Can't wait to see the review.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun