Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomysterion X. Prime

As usual, this was brought back from the old forum.

With Dexter's Lab, PPG, Courage and other series back on the lineup mixed in with fresh new original programming (like Regular Show and MAD), who could argue with such logic?

Feel free to discuss any positive schedule changes on Cartoon Network just like in the old forum.  :sly:

Avaitor

On Thursday, CN will start airing the post-revivial episodes of Dexter's Lab.

I'm surprised that they've kept in and PPG on for so long. A week after Christmas aside when they messed with the entire weekday schedule and a few other assorted days aside, they still haven't taken them off.

Kudos. If they get to the post-movie Powerpuff episodes, I'll have to give my hat to them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Why are they airing those episodes? This is exactly like Nick airing the post-movie Rugrats episodes.

Why? People don't like those episodes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

At least they're airing both shows in order, unlike Nick, which just randomly started playing Dil-era Rugrats episodes.

They don't even play most of their other shows in order, either. EEnE switches up every day, and so does Billy & Mandy and Courage from what I've noticed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't remember much about the post-movie PPG episodes, but I HATED the post-revival DL episodes. And I remember being so excited when I first heard that we were finally getting new DL episodes all those years ago....:cry:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I know people think CN's Monday and Friday blocks are awesome TV, but I personally only like one show out of each of them.

Regular Show is awesome, although I fear it could start getting formulaic. Adventure Time has obnoxious dialogue and character designs though, which turns me off from watching it on a regular basis. Robotomy was boring and is mercifully over, and MAD just plain sucks.

As for the action line-up, I only watch Sym-Bionic Titan. I love the show, but it has a number of small flaws that prevent it from being as great as it should be. As for the others, I completely lost interest in Ben 10 after Alien Force's writing staff took a shit on their own scripts, Generator Rex has a nice cast, but it never went anywhere every time I watched. Brave and the Bold is as good as dead, and I have no interest in any Star Wars media aside from some kick ass old video games and the movie trilogies.

So while its not perfect, I'd take it over the days of Lazlo and Gym Partner reruns.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it's a shame about B&TB winding down in it's prime (65 episodes is not enough), but as a whole, I actually find the block watchable now. Same with the comedy block. I mean, at the very least, there's nothing as awful as Gym Partner, Lazlo, or Squirrel Boy to drag it all down.

I think they can do even better than they are now, though.

How are you liking Young Justice so far?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Eh, the only show I'm keeping up with now is Young Justice.

Adventure Time and Regular Show are funny but are anywhere near HIMYM quality for me to start watching them full time and I have a feeling that like Foster's, Chowder, and Flapjack they just won't age that well. Robotomy looked like the same kind of buddy humor that both of those shows have, so I didn't care enough to watch. I gave up on Scooby after I realized that it was more reliant on bullshit relationship development than the great dane himself, and Mad is ass.

Sym-Bionic Titan has potential but I got a little bored of it a few episodes in. I'll try to catch up on it before long though, and that's more that I can say for any of the action shows on CN not related to DC characters.

And I don't know a damn thing about their live-action shows, which is how I intend to keep it.

I'll second that the originals from this era are better than the Lazlo/Gym Partner/Squirrel Boy/Class of 3000 era, but that was the worst part of CN's history, and it's only up from there, if only ever so slightly.

New blog!

Daxdiv

I kind of like Generator Rex, it's a pretty decent action show for what it's worth. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien is starting to feel a little Dragon Ball GT for my liking. I grew bored of Clone Wars, so I stopped watching that. As for Young Justice, I was only able to catch the newest episode that aired last week, and I got to say that I'm enjoying it more than Avengers toon on Disney XD. It's a shame that Brave and the Bold is going to end, since it does feel like the kind of show that can go on when the creators have run out of steam.

As for the comedies, Adventure Time and Regular Show are where it's at for me. I find both of them to have a nice blend of humor in them, but I pick Regular Show as my favorite. Robotomy reminded me way too much of SuperBad for my liking, so yeah, I dropped it. Mad doesn't live up to it's potential, and I have no idea why I still watch it. I mean, I find Johnny Test more interesting than episodes of MAD. I still await the 4th season of the Total Drama series.

Also, I guess I should point out here for those that didn't see the news at toonzone, Sym-Bionic Titan is getting a timeslot on Wednesday, and it's being heavily promoted.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Desensitized on January 26, 2011, 06:40:01 AM
How are you liking Young Justice so far?

I actually haven't seen it yet. I missed the premiere because of Thanksgiving break and I missed everything else so far because of winter break. Since its on pretty early on Fridays, I should be able to watch it regularly, and I do hope its better than that mediocre Avengers cartoon.

Avaitor

It's only three episodes in so far, two if you want to count the premiere as a double-length episode. Won't be too hard to catch up on.

Reminds me, why haven't I made a YJ thread yet?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

CN was doing so good until recently. If there is anyone out there who has yet to watch Problem Solverz related material, do yourself a favor and don't do it.

Serious sewage.

Kiddington

No doubt about that. Worst looking pile of trash to ever hit the airwaves from these guys. No, really; I cannot think of any other Cartoon Network original series that is more visually appalling than this.

Fuck this show. I know I said before that I'd probably give it a couple of "charity viewings", just to see how bad it really turns out, but now I'm not. As if the pilot wasn't already enough to drive me away, I think these promos and screen bugs are doing a damn fine job of it on their own.

Ugh. Why, CN? Why?

Avaitor

And I'll bump this one as well.

What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of Cartoon Network now? Favorite/least favorite shows currently in production? Do you like when some of your older favorites air again, and are there any that you want back on for a little? Do you prefer CN as of now compared to a few years ago? And how do you think Cartoon Network's current slate compares to Nick and Disney today?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Favorite is that they usually greenlight interesting shows, even more so recently.

Least favorite is how casually they always seem to toss their shows aside no matter how good they are doing or how good they are.