Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Regular Show wasn't going to go on forever. Adventure Time is the closest Cartoon Network has had towards having their own SpongeBob. Though I think Steven Universe has started becoming CN's flagship show and has been doing very well in ratings. I don't know what the merchandise sales are compared to it and AT, but it would interesting to run a comparison I bet.

What's surprising is Uncle Grandpa and Gumball both ending soon. The former didn't really get good ratings so that's likely why it got chopped but I wonder if Gumball is ending because they planned it. At the moment, they have enough for syndication for each show. Teen Titans Go and PPGs likely have more seasons ahead. I do hope we get more new shows than just Mighty Magiswords though. That show seems to be okay at the moment but they're going to need more stuff or there will be a variety problem in the future. Maybe Cartoon Network has a bunch of stuff planned for next year.

Avaitor

It's funny to see that Adventure Time went from CN's biggest show to barely being in their top 5, but I think it's still a big deal internationally, and still brings in decent ratings and merch sales here. Regular Show has way peaked in that department, however.

I think most AT fans moved onto Steven Universe, and CN has been taking note of this. It's not as commercialized as AT, but it's getting there. But yeah, I am surprised by the lack of announcements for more shows. We just have Magiswords and the new Ben 10, as far as I can recall.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on September 26, 2016, 11:15:38 PM
It's funny to see that Adventure Time went from CN's biggest show to barely being in their top 5, but I think it's still a big deal internationally, and still brings in decent ratings and merch sales here. Regular Show has way peaked in that department, however.

I think most AT fans moved onto Steven Universe, and CN has been taking note of this. It's not as commercialized as AT, but it's getting there. But yeah, I am surprised by the lack of announcements for more shows. We just have Magiswords and the new Ben 10, as far as I can recall.

At least they have Magiswords coming soon, better than them having absolutely no shows whatsoever like that one year in the CN Real era.

Used to be Teen Titans Go took up most of the schedule, but now it only has some reruns here and there while Steven Universe has been given a lot of themed rerun blocks that are one or two hours. They don't have it plastered all over the schedule like Go, and I think its helping boost the show at least a little. I think its safe to say Cartoon Network themselves are big fans of the show. I'm glad its caught on a lot but I hope we get more good shows like it in the near future.

LumRanmaYasha

Apparently Powerpuff Girls is doing poorly in ratings, so that might not survive past it's already ordered second season.

Adventure Time has been getting less and less airtime and attention in recent years, so I can see that ending after it's eighth season. Steven Universe is what CN's capitalizing on at the moment for sure. Though, they should probably get on making some more shows to help support it with all the series that'll be ending soon.

Spark Of Spirit

CN has done this before. Their line up gets to a certain age and they quietly wrap them up and move on to new things. The difference is that they're a lot better and craftier at it than Nick or Disney is, so most people don't really notice it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on September 27, 2016, 10:56:45 AMAdventure Time has been getting less and less airtime and attention in recent years, so I can see that ending after it's eighth season.

Actually, AT was confirmed for a ninth season a few months ago. They're probably going to keep renewing it until the movie comes out.

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

We're REALLY going to need new shows. The only originals currently airing that are for sure not ending yet are Steven Universe and We Bare Beas. Although Clarence hasn't officially been announced to end, and PPG seems up in the air.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I thought this era would last longer. Strange hearing that it is almost over.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody