RWBY

Started by Daikun, June 01, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I've been looking forward to this for nearly a year now. Rooster Teeth (the Red vs. Blue guys) teased this after the credits of their Season 10 finale, releasing four trailers every couple of months. The final trailer was released today.

Red
White
Black
Yellow

The series will premiere at Rooster Teeth Expo next month, then released on the Internet sometime thereafter.

Foggle

This looks pretty cool, though I can't say I like the characters' faces much. But Red vs. Blue is hilarious, so I'll probably watch this too.

Rynnec

The voices okay-ish to godawful, but everything else looks good. It looks a lot more campy and less serious than what the first two trailers suggested.

The Shadow Gentleman

It looks...okay. It kind of looks generic, but I'll just have to see how it turns out.

And I already hate Yellow.

Lord Il

I've been watching these since first learning about Red last year. All four of these teasers have been kickass. That said, I agree with ShadowGentleman about the generic feel to them. Hopefully we'll see something with some depth in the final product.

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 02, 2013, 01:03:09 PM
And I already hate Yellow.
She's okay in my book. Quite the lil firecracker.

The Shadow Gentleman

Let me rephrase that. I find her kind of annoying, but I'll wait and see how this works out.

But I always hate the ball grabbing thing.

Lord Il

^lmao! As do I.

If anything, I was a bit disturbed by how long she... *ahem!*.. had him in the palm of her hand.

Daikun

Lord Il

It's good how the characters are getting fleshed-out. Ruby seems to have a fun personality.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Watched the first episode... well, at least it's ambitious.

Lord Dalek

How the hell did this shit get 500,000 views? Its just a bunch of shameless modern anime cliches recycled again.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 31, 2013, 06:26:51 PM
How the hell did this shit get 500,000 views?

2 words; Rooster Teeth.

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 01, 2013, 01:00:23 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 31, 2013, 06:26:51 PM
How the hell did this shit get 500,000 views?

2 words; Rooster Teeth.
Yeah. Their other work is far superior. Kudos to them for trying something new, but I think I'll stick with the funny Halo videos.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll give them some props for being ambitious, but as it stands so far, they flat-out suck at writing serious stories and characters. The voice-acting in this series also isn't up to the task of conveying any of these characters seriously. They should probably just stick to comedy, which is clearly where their strengths lie.