RWBY

Started by Daikun, June 01, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Apparently Episode 3 (which is out now) is more comedy-focused, so maybe the writing and voice acting would be better there.

Peanutbutter

I don't know how much of an influence the Rooster Teeth guys have, but this is primarily Monty Oum's show. He's the guy they got to make the fight scenes for Red vs. Blue's other seasons. He's obviously a very big anime fan but nothing that happens actually matters outside of the first episode. I'm going to stick with it because its just boring not terrible but I do hope when the actual plot kicks in it'll get good.

Right now its a little sad that this isn't going so well. RvB's seasons 6-10 were all great with balancing drama and comedy. But this show is doomed if it's going to be nothing but Ruby's school life.

Lord Il

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 02, 2013, 12:02:11 AM
I'm going to stick with it because its just boring not terrible but I do hope when the actual plot kicks in it'll get good.
I'm sticking with it for that reason. I have to believe the generic fluff seen so far is merely a prelude to something (hopefully) better. So far, if anything, I guess it's getting the job done with providing some character development.

Daxdiv

Lord Dalek

This is literally the most boring, pointless thing ever. Uncanny valley does not begin to describe the low quality of the animation (seriously the girls all look like they're either under water or are marionettes), the characters are flat and unrelatable, there is no writing except for a stream of anime cliches, and every episode seems to be over before it begins. I'm sure the fanbase has a reason to love it, but for me right now its just another means for Marquis to to torture me with.

Rynnec

I'm just waiting for it to get gay.

The Shadow Gentleman

So it sounds like I was right.  :thinkin:

Lord Il

Yeah.... so..... I'm still waiting for this to get better.  :il_rope:
uhm...
  :whuh:

Quote from: Rynnec on August 30, 2013, 01:30:09 PM
If so, it might be the only salvation this series will ever have at this rate.

Foggle

I am so utterly confused by this series' existence. It's the farthest thing possible from Red vs. Blue in just about every way, including quality. Dunno what Rooster Teeth was thinking.

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Il on August 30, 2013, 06:39:13 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on August 30, 2013, 01:30:09 PM
If so, it might be the only salvation this series will ever have at this rate.

Well that, and the inevitable fighting game adaptation that will be better than the series it's based on.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Foggle on August 30, 2013, 06:40:33 PM
I am so utterly confused by this series' existence. It's the farthest thing possible from Red vs. Blue in just about every way, including quality. Dunno what Rooster Teeth was thinking.
As far as I can tell it's Monty's pet project.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 30, 2013, 01:09:00 PM
This is literally the most boring, pointless thing ever. Uncanny valley does not begin to describe the low quality of the animation (seriously the girls all look like they're either under water or are marionettes), the characters are flat and unrelatable, there is no writing except for a stream of anime cliches, and every episode seems to be over before it begins. I'm sure the fanbase has a reason to love it, but for me right now its just another means for Marquis to to torture me with.

But.. but... MONTY OuM! HE'S GOD'S GREATEST GIFT ON EARTH. THIS MAN WORKED HIS ASS OFF FOR THIS SERIES AND EVEN MISSED SEEING HIS DYING MOTHER FOR THIS WONDERFUL PIECE OF ART! SEE! HE'S DOING IT FOR THE ART!!! XDXDXDXDXD

But on a serious note, Fuck Monty Oum. That guy is a pretentious douchebag and I am not enjoying this series. Though I still find that abridged series I posted earlier to be more entertaining than the real series. Well... that and /co/'s reaction to the series.

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 30, 2013, 08:12:02 PM
EVEN MISSED SEEING HIS DYING MOTHER FOR THIS WONDERFUL PIECE OF ART
Holy hell, what the fuck? Even if RWBY was better than The Godfather, that'd still be unconscionable.

So it's safe to say that Burnie and co. have little or nothing to do with this series? Good to know.

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't been paying attention to this at all, but is that really true?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on August 30, 2013, 08:15:20 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on August 30, 2013, 08:12:02 PM
EVEN MISSED SEEING HIS DYING MOTHER FOR THIS WONDERFUL PIECE OF ART
Holy hell, what the fuck? Even if RWBY was better than The Godfather, that'd still be unconscionable.

So it's safe to say that Burnie and co. have little or nothing to do with this series? Good to know.

I might have over-exaggerated on him working on RWBY, turns out it was Season 10 of RvB. But still... here is a blog post where Monty talks about his mother passing and how he basically worked through it.

Burnie and Matt are just Executive Producers for the most part. I think Matt might be doing a voice here and there in the near future. To be fair, I did hear rumors that it was Matt and Burnie that wanted Monty to keep the episodes of RWBY short, since Monty wanted them longer. Then there was this other rumor where Monty wanted to have a villain that wouldn't be introduced until the 3rd season, but Burnie told him "Not to get ahead of himself and that he might not get a season 3."