RWBY

Started by Daikun, June 01, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

All I knew that Monty Oum did before this were those Dead Fantasy videos which were just a bunch of CG action scenes using Dead Or Alive and Final Fantasy character models. I'm not sure how someone who only did random action sequences like that thought he'd automatically be good at telling a story, but I suppose that explains why this series is as shitty as it is.

Peanutbutter

To be fair, some of those were good, but they were just fight scenes with good enough choreography for it to tell a story by itself. Maybe Monty is a decent guy in real life, but this series is boring and shows he should have had someone else at Rooster Teeth take care of the story.

Lord Il

I remember those Dead Fantasy vids to be pretty sweet. In a way, I still do.
Wonderful choreography. But that seems to be where it starts and ends with them. hmm..

Daikun

Foggle

I really hope he's okay. Best wishes to him, and all his family and friends.

Daxdiv

Eep... I may not like RWBY, but this is just horrible.

On the bright side, it does seem the donation goal for his medical coverage was surpassed in one day.

Lord Il

I want to say that news article could've worded that a little better - almost as though a grave has been already been prepped and ready for the man. Shit! O_o
That is unless the situation really is that dire (and it could be).

Regardless, I'm sure we'll eventually find more info as to what exactly happened to him in the coming days.

Lord Dalek

I can't stand RWBY but...

RIP.

Foggle

The man was amazingly talented. I loved Red vs Blue as a kid (and still do, to an extent), and his fight choreography really added a lot to the action scenes.

RIP. He will be missed. :'(

Spark Of Spirit

That's just awful.

RIP Monty Oum.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Booo! RIP Monty Oum.

Dr. Insomniac

Reading tweets from his friends about how important he was in inspiring them to create their own work, and the screen's starting to get fuzzy.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 02, 2015, 02:55:50 PM
Reading tweets from his friends about how important he was in inspiring them to create their own work, and the screen's starting to get fuzzy.
Same. And remembering how much I appreciated his work when I was younger without even knowing it was him...

Daikun

Man, that sucks. :(

I wonder what's going to happen with all that donation money, though. They spent all that only for it to be in vain after a few days. That's really depressing.

Avaitor

I've honestly seen none of his work, but it's still a shame. RIP
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/