RWBY

Started by Daikun, June 01, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

It's just awful to see someone so talented pass away at such an early age.

R.I.P., Mr. Oum.

Peanutbutter

He made Red vs. Blue's action scenes possible. They weren't all perfect, but most of them are still great to watch. I'm sure they'll be a dedication to him in their next season premiere; whenever that is this year.

Lord Il

I guess burnie at Rooster Teeth knew just how bad the situation was after all.

Such terrible, horrible news.

Quote from: Daikun on February 02, 2015, 06:41:38 PMI wonder what's going to happen with all that donation money, though. They spent all that only for it to be in vain after a few days. That's really depressing.
I would imagine just about all medical expenses incurred will be paid off. This would ease some stress on his family. Any amount left.. I have no idea.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Lord Il on February 03, 2015, 03:28:39 AM
Quote from: Daikun on February 02, 2015, 06:41:38 PMI wonder what's going to happen with all that donation money, though. They spent all that only for it to be in vain after a few days. That's really depressing.
I would imagine just about all medical expenses incurred will be paid off. This would ease some stress on his family. Any amount left.. I have no idea.

Maybe the rest of the money can be used to fund the funeral. I mean, those things aren't exactly cheap. Give the man one last celebration knowing that soon, he'll meet people that can match his resolve.

Lord Il

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 03, 2015, 06:26:40 AM
Quote from: Lord Il on February 03, 2015, 03:28:39 AM

Maybe the rest of the money can be used to fund the funeral. I mean, those things aren't exactly cheap. Give the man one last celebration knowing that soon, he'll meet people that can match his resolve.
Very true. Many are rare to plan ahead for a funeral and that may tend to correlate with age, too.. At 33, that was fairly young.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Il on February 03, 2015, 06:57:30 AM
Very true. Many are rare to plan ahead for a funeral and that may tend to correlate with age, too.. At 33, that was fairly young.
Yeah, almost no one thinks about dying at 33. Hard to imagine a situation more tragic than what happened to him.

Lord Dalek

Save it for the inevitable malpractice lawsuit.

Speedy

Never watched RWBY or Red vs. Blue, but 33 is way too young to die.  Love or hate his work, this is someone who loved what he did and was cut off at a relatively young age, and that's tragic no matter how you slice it.

Rooster Teeth had this to say: "As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to."

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Speedy on February 03, 2015, 11:46:18 AM
Never watched RWBY or Red vs. Blue, but 33 is way too young to die.  Love or hate his work, this is someone who loved what he did and was cut off at a relatively young age, and that's tragic no matter how you slice it.

Rooster Teeth had this to say: "As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to."

Not disparaging Monty at all, but RWBY wasn't anything special. I recommend you check out Red vs. Blue though, it's a fantastic series. All the episodes are available on their website and Michinima.com, as well as most of them being on YouTube. The first season might be slow, but trust me its worth it as it establishes a of plot elements and hilarious running gags that get brought up throughout the series. Halfway into the second season is when it really gets good, as that's when it forms a full plot.

If you want to see what Monty did for the show but don't want to sit through the entire series, check out some episodes from Revelations aka the eighth season.

Daikun

Yep. This is happening.

Daikun