Superman's 75th anniversary

Started by Daikun, June 04, 2013, 06:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

According to The Hollywood Reporter, a new Superman animated short is in production at WBA. It will be a collaboration with Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm.

QuoteDetails for the short are being kept secret (maybe in a lead vault?), but insiders tell Heat Vision Snyder envisioned one continuous shot, without edits, that's an homage to the Man of Steel and his many iterations over the past 75 years: Max Fleischer's cartoons, on-screen portrayals by George Reeves and Christopher Reeve, iconic versions drawn by artists Wayne Boring, Curt Swan and Neal Adams, on up through Henry Cavill's interpretation in Man of Steel.

Joining Snyder in the endeavor are animation veteran Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League) and Man of Steel storyboard artist Jay Oliva, as well as DC's Geoff Johns and Mike Carlin and WB Animation's Peter Girardi.

There will also be a new logo to celebrate Supes' anniversary, and it will be used by all of WB's divisions.

gunswordfist

Bruce Timm still working on DC animation? And I love Snyder too.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

Glad to see something happening for such an important event. I'm looking forward to it.

Silverstar

I'm a big-time Superman fan, so I can't wait.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Sweet! I'll try to catch it live.  :)

Daikun

Don't wanna wait for CN to air it tonight?

Watch it now!

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, that was awesome! Definitely did ol' Supes justice, I'd say!  :swoon:

gunswordfist

The Shadow Gentleman

That...was awesome.

And it's a better at marking Superman's 75th anniversary then Man of Steel in it's entirety. 

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist