Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, June 08, 2013, 02:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

1- ToddintheShadows
2- Nostalgia Critic
3- Nostalgia Chick
4- Oancitizen
5- Linkara
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1. The DVD Movie Shelf (David Rose)
2. James Rolfe (non-AVGN stuff)
3. Red Letter Media
4. Nostalgia Critic
5. Happy Video Game Nerd (may be surpassed by Clan of the Gray Wolf)

Dr. Insomniac

1. SFDebris
2. Oancitizen
3. Jontron
4. Red Letter Media
5. Cinema Snob

Honorable Mentions for LP's: Chuggaaconroy, Two Best Friends Play, Lucahjin, Diabetus, Game Grumps.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 21, 2014, 02:27:02 PM1. SFDebris

Crap, I knew I was forgetting someone. Granted that, I, 've mostly only seen his animation reviews, but regardless, I'd replace the NC's spot on my list with him.

The Shadow Gentleman

I like Jontron, Todd in the Shadows, Red Letter Media, Oancitizen, and SFDebris. I can't really put them in any type of order, since I don't watch web reviewers a whole lot any more.

Daxdiv

Let's see if I can, I would go for this, My list is not much reviewers as much as entertainers, but I like them anyway

1. Jimquisition/Jim Sterling
2. TotalBiscuit/John Bain
3. Chuggaaconroy
4. JonTron
5. Extra Credits

Silverstar

The Isle of Rangoon is more of a riff show that occasionally does reviews; it's kind of like MST3K, but with mostly shorts and starring the puppets. (One of the show's creators, Trent Troop, makes occasional appearances as Trent the Human, but for the most part it's just the puppet characters.)

As much as I like Linakra and E-Rod (Blockbuster Buster), I admit I'm not crazy about the reviewers who try to incorporate story lines into their videos with them battling supervillains and whatnot. I'm tempted to just skip past their stories, but once I see the beginnings, I at least want to see how they wrap them up. Phelous, Lupa, CR!, Mike J and Film Brain are among my favorite TGWTG contributors because they don't try to turn their reviews into sagas.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Foggle

1. Classic Game Room (Mark Bussler)
2. Oancitizen

That's it, really.

talonmalon333

Even though I ranked James Rolfe at #1, he's not my favorite comedic show. That goes to Mega64, which is easily the funniest I can think of. However, James Rolfe has so much under his belt, that he just barely takes the belt. It could really be a tie, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If we're talking about favorite comedic show on the Internet in general, and not just Internet reviewers, my list would be completely different:

1. TFS's DBZ Abridged
2. Honest Trailers
3. How It Should've Ended
4. Cinema Sins
5. Dark Swamp

LumRanmaYasha

Yay, another Dark Swamp fan!  :swoon:

Anyways, for me it's:

1. LK's Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged
2. TFS's DBZ Abridged
3. Did You Know Gaming/Did You Know Anime
4. 1Kids' Pokemon Abridged
5. Honest Trailers

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 21, 2014, 08:17:00 PM1. LK's Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged

Yet another thing that I forgot about. Consider it tied with DBZ Abridged on my list.

Avaitor

I like how everyone here has pretty varied taste when it comes to web series.

And I'm pretty sure there are no YouTube vloggers of the Jenna Marbles variety mentioned, either. :>
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

No-Personality

Don't know if anyone here's heard about this or not but... Blip / Maker Studios is conducting an absolute massacre of shows/series. As of now, untold dozens of channels are being stripped of banners, their video pages downgraded, and are receiving E-Mails that their shows will be canceled as of July 7th (which means that's the date no new uploads will be allowed), then All Episodes Deleted as of September 1st.

Obviously, there is a lot of fat on Blip TV. But, a few TGwtG contributers are going to be chopped down. Including: Leon Thomas / Renegade Cut, Welshy, Sad Panda, Dena Natali, Lotus Prince, Andrew Dickman (who has appeared in more than a few Obscurus Lupa and Phelous videos and was at one point a regular title card artist for either Lindsay/Nostalgia Chick or Lupa), and... at one point, Jesu Otaku, as well as Diamanda Hagan's wife Omega who has her own channel where she reviews children's TV and animation. Shockingly, both Omega and JO's channels have been resurrected, pulled from extinction as of just the last couple days. Somehow, Blip actually reversed their decision. But this massacre has been going on for the last week, and they were This Close to being axed.

Overall, while this really sucks for all the people who want their series to keep going, this affects almost none of the series I still watch (Pop Arena, Boots to Reboots, Some Jerk with a Camera, Infamous Sphere, The Bunny Perspective, or any of Nostalgia Chick's Chez Apocalypse roster). Although it affects one of who I consider to be the better gay reviewers on Blip: Arthur Knowledge, whose Quest for Geekdom series wasn't great but it definitely had potential. He's a damn sight better than AbsentCommentator, that's for sure. But you could literally knock me over with a feather that The Cine-Masochist is getting the ax. He's a really great guy with some decent horror reviews and, to my knowledge, posts as regularly as The DVD Shelf does.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Yeah, I've heard about this, and it sucks.

Didn't Oancitizen have a scare as well?

New blog!