Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

So with recent Switch news, the rumor is that Super Smash Bros. Wii U is going to be remade for the system with all sorts of bells and whistles. Should this be the case, what would you like to have?

I think the least we can expect is the return of the Ice Climbers, Wolf, and the 3DS stages added in HD. That would be enough to make it the ultimate Smash game, really.

But for additions beyond that? Smash Run would be a welcome addition, especially if tweaked slightly. Also a simple Adventure Mode like the one from Melee would be easy with reused assets. Some added classic stages like Saffron City, Big Blue, and some of the ones in the 3DS version would be highly welcome. I would expect another new stage or character, just because they would have more than enough for them.

Oh, and these:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 04, 2015, 05:26:49 PM
All-time favorite Smash Bros. tracks, excluding ripped tracks and multiple remixes of the same tune:

1. Yoshi's Island (Wii U)
2. Super Mario 3D Land / Beach Theme (3DS / Wii U)
3. Butter Building (Brawl)
4. Mother (Melee)
5. Peach's Castle (N64)
6. Corneria (Brawl)
7. Rainbow Road Medley (3DS / Wii U)
8. Dream Land (N64)
9. Dark World / Dark World Dungeon (Wii U)
10. King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 (Brawl)
11. Battle Trainer! (3DS / Wii U)
12. Big Blue (Melee)
13. Spark Man (3DS / Wii U)
14. Angel Island Zone (Brawl)
15. PAC-MAN'S PARK / BLOCKTOWN (3DS / Wii U)
16. Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley (3DS / Wii U)
17. Shadow Man (Wii U)
18. Attack! (Brawl)
19. Kapp'n's Song (Wii U)
20. Full Steam Ahead! (3DS / Wii U)
21. Air Man (3DS / Wii U)
22. Planet Zebes (N64)
23. Mach Rider (Melee)
24. Light Plane (Vocal Mix) (Wii U)
25. Fourside (Melee)
26. Stickerbrush Symphony (Brawl)
27. Icicle Mountain (Melee)
28. Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
29. Onett / Winters Theme (Wii U)
30. The Great Sea / Menu (Wii U)

Still one of the best series when it comes to remixes. I think they get better with every game.
are still my favorites!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The new Smash Bros. game includes every character that's ever been in a Smash game (65 so far) with some new ones as well as what looks to be every old stage with some new ones, as well. The new mechanics like horizontal dodging letting you aid in recovery is nice, too.

Can't say I'm not hyped. Smash 4 was the best Smash game, and this looks to be fixing the problems it had to be the ultimate experience.

Didn't think I'd ever see Fourside again, either.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

All I hope is that it means Simon Belmont is on the way. Bomberman being there at all is nice to see, though.

Spark Of Spirit

And Simon Belmont confirmed.

And Richter Belmont.

And King K. Rool.

And Dark Samus. And Chrom.

And 103 stages.

So, this is going to be the ultimate Smash Bros. game. They weren't kidding. Every stage except 14 have been confirmed this game. The only ones missing are:

N64:
Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Melee:
Icicle Mountain
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom
Poke Floats

Brawl:
Rumble Falls

Smash Wii U:
Wooly World
Orbital Gate Assault
Jungle Hijinx
Pyrosphere
Miiverse

3DS:
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze

Disappointed that the last two 3DS stages are missing, as well as a handful of the Wii U ones, but it's difficult to complain. I mean, it's 100+ stages. And they still haven't confirmed that Monster Hunter stage that was in the trailer. Oh, and the single player mode hasn't been revealed either.

Forget it, Smash has a lock on GOTY. It can't be topped now.

Also, for new characters . . . who is even left at this point? Sakurai appears to be going directly after the most wanted ones. There's very little left to add.

VLordGTZ

I legit freaked when K Rool showed up in the direct.  This game just keeps getting better and better, and I don't how much more hyped I can get!  :shakeshakeshake:

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

The music on the official site now includes the second half of that incredible Gangplank Galleon remix from the trailer. So far the remixes in this game make up for the light ones we got in Wii U/3DS.

Quote from: Kiddington on August 15, 2018, 03:24:25 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 08, 2018, 03:15:43 PM
There's very little left to add.

And nothing of value was lost.  ;D

Daikun

Daxdiv

Let us all remember that a plant got into Smash Bros before anyone else.

Spark Of Spirit

The plant over Waluigi was great.

Daikun

Daxdiv

Having both Dragon Quest Heroes & Banjo being announced on the same day was a treat. Now, give me a Level-5 Character!

Daikun