Plan 9 From Outer Space

Started by Daikun, May 07, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This popped up today at Animation Insider.

QuoteGreetings, earthlings. You better turn on your dictorobitaries for the following announcement.

BAD AFTERTASTE ANIMATION would love to affect you in the future with this future event: a cartoon remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

However, world domination cannot happen without your help funding this project (our electrode guns aren't working, and dropping them on the ground doesn't help).

You can head over to http://igg.me/at/plan9/x/3152901 (IndieGoGo link) for our crowd-funding campaign, or you can help spread the word. Either way, you'd be helping getting this saucer where it came from: from up there!

Dr. Insomniac

The Shadow Gentleman

This is literally the Greatest Idea in the History of Mankind.

LumRanmaYasha

BadAftertaste

Hello everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Please do note that the art style in the pitch video is NOT the art style or type of animation that will be used in the final movie (this is noted in the main pitch).

Some of the funding will be used to hire animators & illustrators for the making of this movie.

Avaitor

Oh wow, hey there!

I'm really hoping this comes out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

SSJ Jake

Whatever happened to the live-action remake that James Rolfe was going to have a cameo in?

Quote from: BadAftertaste on May 12, 2013, 07:44:36 AM
Please do note that the art style in the pitch video is NOT the art style or type of animation that will be used in the final movie (this is noted in the main pitch).

Will it be CGI or Flash?

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

BadAftertaste

I honestly don't know what happened to the live-action remake. I really wanted to see that one, but it's been 2 years since I stopped looking for updates.

As for the cartoon remake, it won't be CGI nor Flash. It will definitely be painstakingly hand-drawn by professional animators/illustrators that will be hired with the completion of the campaign. I would love for it to be done in the style of the cartoon remake poster, but I understand that it could be really hard to animate that style.

I am actually between 3 types of art style, but which one is eventually chosen is largely based on the budget (examples will be uploaded within the week hopefully).

A new pitch video will be uploaded within a few days making the above info clear, since it seems some people thought the cartoon would be in the original pitch video's style, but I'm not a professional animator/illustrator! I'm just the director and I happen to love cartoons and Ed Wood's work! :P

SSJ Jake

Hand drawn? Now you got me interested.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

BadAftertaste

I'm a sucker for hand-drawn animation, even though I'm not an experienced animator/illustrator myself (I'm a short-film & TV director professionally). That's where you people come in! The funding will be used to hire professionals in their fields (i.e. animators, voice actors, etc).

4 weeks left!