Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yu Yu Hakusho? Are you fucking kidding me? We have YYH on this list instead of Naruto or Bleach? Honestly, I don't know what the hell you were thinking Avaitor. That's a terrible choice. :anger:

Foggle

Agreed. On that note, Cowboy Bebop doesn't deserve to come anywhere near a list like this. Where's Transformers G1, you hacks? :wth:

Avaitor

Don't blame me, blame the coin tosses.

It was either that or Kiba.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Don't worry guys, there's still the top five. I'm sure Naruto, CatDog, and all our favorites will show up there.

AND IF INUYASHA ISN'T NUMBER ONE SO HELP ME GOD  :srs:

But seriously, going by the Toon Zone reaction, I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't think Ed, Edd n Eddy deserves to be there. I guess it was either a cartoon that people loved or hated.

Anyone who hated it is wrong.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on July 08, 2011, 01:16:50 PM
But seriously, going by the Toon Zone reaction, I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't think Ed, Edd n Eddy deserves to be there. I guess it was either a cartoon that people loved or hated.

Agreed. Brilliant show! The movie was equally amazing, if not more so.

Eddy

The movie was the perfect way to end the series. It's a shame it never had a theatrical release!

It's also a shame that Cartoon Network took over a year to air the movie in the US. I had to resort to getting it through other means because I was sick of waiting for them.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on July 08, 2011, 01:25:12 PM
The movie was the perfect way to end the series. It's a shame it never had a theatrical release!
It really did deserve to be shown in theaters... I know I would have gone. The animation was absolutely fantastic and the writing was some of the best the series had ever seen. The first 30 minutes or so was a freakin' thrill ride.

Avaitor

I always thought that PPG's commercial success was a little overrated and the Eds was overall CN's most popular original series. I thought it would have done pretty well in theaters if they put it out around the time the Best Day Edder marathon aired, which I watched in full, BTW.

It definitely looked good enough to be shown in theaters.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Eddy

The least they could do is give the movie a proper release on DVD. The series really needs a complete box set too.  :(

gunswordfist

It also has a sense of humor, brain and atmosphere missing in them too.

Typo! Anyway, lol @ calling the Kankers horny trailer trash. That 10-6 is great and yes EK, Rurouni Kenshin should have been a perfect adaptation :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on July 08, 2011, 01:16:50 PM
Don't worry guys, there's still the top five. I'm sure Naruto, CatDog, and all our favorites will show up there.

AND IF INUYASHA ISN'T NUMBER ONE SO HELP ME GOD  :srs:

Anyone who hated it deserves a nice stroll in front of a firing squad

Avaitor

May I present to the world, the top 5.

What a ride this has been.

New blog!

Foggle

Overall, decent list. GCR's was better, though. Still mad about there being no Transformers G1 on here. :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What the fuck? The Simpsons is on this list?

Fuck you AR! You don't even have enough brains to put Family Guy where it belongs and give its rightful spot to a shit show like The Simpsons. That show is for 2 years olds. Family Guy is for people who want some actual mature humor you fucking little kiddies.

And WTF? We have overrated shit like BTAS here and no Teen Titans. All DC shows should embrace quirky anime character designs and features for no reason at all like Teen Titans because anything anime-like is awesome.

Oh, and where the hell is Transformers G1? Fuck this list! You people are stupid. You even ranked a shit show like King of the Hill in the top 5 and left brilliant shows like The Cleveland Show out. You guys all suck.

gunswordfist

Rocky and Bullwinkle put me to sleep as a kid. I thought EK would sneak FMP or One Piece in the top 10.

Anyway, I am glad I am not the only one who got into Batman TAS later in life. I got into the show with absolutely no recommendations from anyone. I was hooked.

I am actually surprised KOTH was below The Simpsons. Hill gets crazy love around here. I am glad The Simpsons got in the top 3. The Simpsons is the most immersive show I've ever watched.

I had a feeling Looney Tunes would be no. 1 after reading the Batman section and not being able to come up with anything else. Insert what else can be possibly said about the Looney Tunes here.