What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I've recently taken an interest in Mark Waid's work, and with Irredeemable wrapping up next month, I'm thinking about going for that.

gunswordfist

I want that and his other series with a similar name. (What was it called again?)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 02, 2012, 11:45:05 PM
I want that and his other series with a similar name. (What was it called again?)
Incorruptible

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 02, 2012, 11:29:20 PM
I've recently taken an interest in Mark Waid's work, and with Irredeemable wrapping up next month, I'm thinking about going for that.
Do you like getting kicked in the crotch a lot? Then Irredeemable is for you!  ;)

It is written well, however.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 02, 2012, 11:47:14 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 02, 2012, 11:45:05 PM
Incorruptible
Thanks! Once I got another spot on my ILLs, I'm putting Irredeemable on hold.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Yesterday I read:

Batman Gotham Noir- A comic starring Jim Gordon that's about him being framed for murdered from the team of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips? Of course it was going to be good. They also didn't resort to being all shock value and whatever. There's actually little blood in this comic.

Thor The Mighty Avenger Volume 2- WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!! This is the end, THE FUCK?!!! That was such a cock teasing ending. This series should still be going on. Ugh, top my list of comic that was finished too soon.

Today:

The Immortal Iron Fist Volume 5 Escape From The Eighth- Believe this is the end to the main story of Iron Fist's series. It was decent.

G.I. Jone Cobra Volume 3- Meh.

G.I. Joe Cobra Volume 4- :swoon: FIVE STARS!!! V. 3 was basically filler shit. I wish the entire series was as good as either this volume or volume 1. Chuckles having a battle of the minds with one of the villains was great.

Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 1- I'm back into this series now. Whatever they rebooted or whatever worked. I sucked back into this world.

I think 4 comics in one day is the highest # of comics I've ever read in a day. I believe I did this a few other times.

Dr. Insomniac

I suddenly have the hunger for X-Men comics. But what to read?

Avaitor

Claremont's Uncanny run is just incredible. But I'd suggest looking up the Dark Phoenix arc and his Wolverine moiniseries for starters.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

^I would go with that, personally.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Recently read Spider-Man/Human Torch. If you wanna see how the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon should've been handled, I highly recommend this. It shows the relationship between Spidey and Johnny over the decades, with tons of nods to the original comics (there's even a Hostess Fruit Pies reference that helps to save the day!) and plenty of heart. It's one of my new favorite Spidey stories.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Reading Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spider-Man reminded me of that. I like how the art looks like screenshots from an animated movie.

Avaitor

Seeing most member's ignorance with Marvel gives me the incentive to work on yet another list.

I'm just wondering if I should go for a top 25 or lower, and to focus on Marvel in general or primarily the Avengers.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 11, 2012, 09:06:36 PM
Seeing most member's ignorance with Marvel gives me the incentive to work on yet another list.
Do it. I wanna build up a comics backlog that doesn't just consist of Vertigo.

QuoteI'm just wondering if I should go for a top 25 or lower, and to focus on Marvel in general or primarily the Avengers.
25, Marvel in general.

Avaitor

All right, top 25 Marvel stories here we go.

New blog!