What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharass

The first volume of Tyler Cross by Fabien Nury and Bruno was offered for free on Izneo recently, so I downloaded it and only just now got around to it. One of Nury's previous works is Il Etait Une Fois En France which is one of my all-time favorite comics. Tyler Cross doesn't reach quite the same heights, but its still a very entertaining gangster-story and Bruno's artwork is nice to look at and would translate well if this was ever made into, say, an animated movie.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

I might have to check that out. :)

I got 100 Bullets: Brother Lono. I'll tell you how that is, assuming you haven't already read it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 24, 2015, 03:49:39 PM
I might have to check that out. :)

I got 100 Bullets: Brother Lono. I'll tell you how that is, assuming you haven't already read it.

Haven't read it yet. In fact, I'm not even done with the main series of 100 Bullets. Too many other titles have taken up my time lately.

Regarding Tyler Cross, I should point out that I read it in French. I'm not sure if there's an English translation available at the moment.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

My French is!...will, non-existent.  :-[ :D

I need to stop assuming that everyone has finished every series they like.  :-X

gunswordfist

After about a week of reading, I finally finished Judge Dredd: The Day The Law Died. Caligula's craziness and his rule over Mega City-One was pretty damn funny. Certainly one of my favorite villains now.

gunswordfist

Spoiler
[close]

Foggle

I want to own every variant of this issue, fuck.

gunswordfist

Foggle

gunswordfist

I didn't read the description the first time. :D Now if only Barnett goes back to walking out to You Wa Shock.

gunswordfist

OK ok, so a few early morning ago, I started Volume 22 of The Walking Dead and got about halfway through before I went to bed. Then this very early morning, I continued and completed Volume 22. HOLY SHIT, BATMAN! I'm liking what will probably be the next set of villains. Robert Kirkman took a great underexplored idea all the way from Volume 1 and applied it here. It only looks like it's going to get bigger. I'm geeking out and I'm not sure I've ever been this excited to read more TWD.

VLordGTZ

After almost 3 long years, I have finally caught up with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!!!  In terms of part 8, it is really good so far, and I love the story's large mystery aspect.  I look forward to reading it on a monthly basis from now on.  Right now, my ranks for each part would probably be:

Steel Ball Run > Stone Ocean > Diamond Is Unbreakable > JoJolion (so far) > Stardust Crusaders > Battle Tendency > Vento Aureo > Phantom Blood

Now that I have JoJo out of the way, I'll probably focus on catching up with Blood Blockade Battlefront and finishing Barefoot Gen.

gunswordfist

I might need to do that one day.

Read Taskmaster: Unthinkable. I've been meaning to read a comic book starring him for some time. I didn't expect it to be this comedic. I also assume they retconned a lot of his past in it.

Pharass

My box-set containing both volumes of Boxers and Saints, Gene Luen Yang's comic about the Boxer Rebellion as seen through the eyes of a young man who becomes one of its leaders and a girl who has converted to the catholic faith, arrived today. I just finished the first volume, Boxers and it was terrific. Yang does a great job at making the reader sympathize with Little Bao and his comrades, without condoning their methods, which grow more and more extreme. Highly recommended. Now, on to the next volume.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

LumRanmaYasha

After about a year since I started it, I finally finished reading Lone Wolf and Cub.  Truly a classic worthy of all the praise bestowed upon it, and one of the best manga ever made, no doubt about it.