Venture Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 23, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

At the Titmouse panel at Comic Con today, they confirmed that season 6 will start airing this February. Finally! "All This and Gargantua-2" was freaking phenomenal - probably my favorite episode of the series to date - and promised a lot of great stuff coming down the pipe for the series that I've been anxious to see for a long time. It's great to know that the show will be back soon, though now that a date has been confirmed, waiting for it these next few months is going to be even harder.  :D

Pharass

That's great news. I was almost starting to wonder if we'd ever get more episodes.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Daikun

Season 6 begins January 24.

Also, new trailer!

Daikun

Season 5 recap.

Season 6 starts in three-and-a-half weeks!

Nel_Annette

It's hard to describe how I feel. I've loved this season, but having it end now when it really feels like we're building up to something just leaves me a little hollow.

gunswordfist

I started this series last night and I'm loving it. Of course I've already watched these episodes before and even recently-ish on tv, excluding the pilot which I think I haven't seen in 13 years. Either way, this show starts off pretty well. The 1st episode even sets up some later stuff like with the fetuses, pills, Fantastic expy and I think Hank idolizing Brock. I needed an adult cartoon to go with all the anime I watch and this fills that void.
Edit: Forgot to add, I am up to the Sargasso episode. I love Dr. Orpheus' intro episode before that. He's probably my favorite Venture Bros character.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Just finished watching Invisible Hand Of Fate. Jesus fucking Christ does this show have interesting lore.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Quote from: Nel_Annette on March 21, 2016, 12:58:24 AM
It's hard to describe how I feel. I've loved this season, but having it end now when it really feels like we're building up to something just leaves me a little hollow.

Yeah, taken as a regular episode Red Means Stop was good, but as a season finale it felt underwhelming.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Daikun

According to Time Warner's latest quarterly report, season 7 could start in the Fall.

Daikun

Season 7 premieres August 5.

Here's a teaser.

LumRanmaYasha

Enjoyed season 7 a lot overall, particularly for everything involving the Monarch, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, the Guild redefining itself, and the Peril Partnership subplot. The biggest developments to come out of the season was definitely the history between the Blue Morpho and Jonas Venture coming to a head in the opening three-parter, and of course, finally confirming that Rusty and The Monarch are indeed brothers, and The Monarch finding that out at the end of the season. I'm really curious about how that'll affect The Monarch's character arc and ambitions as a villain in the next season, now that he knows his most hated enemy is his own flesh and blood. I'm not sure if the next season'll be the last, but I kinda feel that with the show's biggest mystery finally confirmed and made known to most of the characters, and pretty much everyone having moved past a major period of failure in their lives and made progress to being better people, there's not a whole lot more for the show to do aside from tying up all the loose ends between the two titular sets of Venture Bros - Rusty and The Monarch, and Hank and Dean. So it'll be interesting what kind of conclusion the show might build to, and whether it'll ultimately be optimistic or nihilistic considering the show's theme is "failure," but most of the characters have achieved success and contentment if not happiness by this point.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Jackson confirmed it. There's no season 8 to wrap up anything. What the hell? I thought AS was willing to let this show run forever.

Daxdiv

Man, fuck 2020! I can't believe it got the ATHF treatment where the crew was working on more episodes but the network decided to cancel it route. I still stand by ATHF being cancelled due to "Boston" episode leaking, not sure what thing Venture Bros did to get it cancelled.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, what happened? It can't be due to the regime change, because Venture Bros' ratings were still normal. And if this were an HBO Max issue, they could've just moved the show there.