Electric Solverz Problemgon

Started by Dr. Insomniac, April 04, 2011, 11:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

You can switch a lot of that around, and that would be my opinion on Ke$ha and her popularity in the music industry.

I'd be more inclined to think that's the case for TPS if it was successful. If enough viewers actually thought it was a serious attempt at comedy with merit, I'd consider it a successful attempt at satire, but it just looks like shit.

I can't speak for the actual quality of the show, but nothing from what I've seen or read of the show, including chdr's post, makes me feel any reason to see it for myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The fact that this and the live action on CN did fail does prove to me that cartoon fans are quite a bit smarter than music fans are. While we may have issues with the Family Guys or the Fairly Odd Parents of the world, at least they offer value to some folks. This shit offers nothing to anyone.

And no, a "you have to get what they're going for" doesn't cut it. It's the artist's job to concisely deliver their message to the audience, if they can't do that then they are bad artists.

This is a bad show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Completely misguided opinion on his part, IMO.

I don't really care that he likes it; that's his prerogative. The problem I have with this article is the mere idea that a series like this, so full of nothing but shit from top to bottom, is somehow supposed to pave the way for more creative driven and... wait for it... thought-provoking animation in the future. I just... honestly, I don't even know what to say to that. This would be, at best, a laughable assertion if I've ever seen one.

...and the fact that this has become such a ratings dog right out of the gate is sweet justice, in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to put so little heart, effort, and actual production value into something (in this case, a TV series), it doesn't deserve success.

chdr

Maybe it's because I've become a bit bitter about whiners on the internet, but watching so many people make such a big deal out of 15 minutes of television was worth the cost to produce this show alone >:D

But in all seriousness, I get why people don't like it. Either you find that type of humor funny or you don't, and a lot of people don't. I just wanted to write specifically why I find it funny.

@Kiddington, what I meant by that last paragraph wasn't that "creative and thought-provoking" (and Problem Solverz is definitely provoking, is it not?) meant "more Problem Solverz". What I meant was "If this can be a success, then it opens the gateway for other aspiring indie animators to get their work shown on television".

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: chdr on April 24, 2011, 06:36:15 PM
@Kiddington, what I meant by that last paragraph wasn't that "creative and thought-provoking" (and Problem Solverz is definitely provoking, is it not?) meant "more Problem Solverz". What I meant was "If this can be a success, then it opens the gateway for other aspiring indie animators to get their work shown on television".
But that gateway's double-edged sword. While PS shows that indie animators are able to make their way through TV, it also has a chance of lowering standards (i.e. the idea that anyone with a few hours' experience of Flash can get an animation job).

Also, welcome to the asylum, chdr.

Kiddington

Quote from: chdr on April 24, 2011, 06:36:15 PM
Understandable, and sorry that I misinterpreted you... but I think, like Insomniac said, had this been a success, you run the risk of CN (and possibly all other animation networks) lowering their standards in the long run. Why put real money and production value into their animation if something this cheap can be successful? Theoretically, they could just duplicate this "do everything on the cheap" formula, pad out their lineup with a dozen TPS-flash clones, and call it day (with the viewing audience really being the only one taking the hit, unless they like this kind of stuff).

I can't get behind anything this show stands for. Sorry, but I just can't.

Spark Of Spirit

Nice to see you, chdr.

While I don't actually hate the idea that CN is willing to look into the indie scene for ideas and creators... This is not the type of material they should be picking out from the chaff.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I only watched on episode of this show, and I couldn't get into it at all so I just moved on. What I don't get is why people seem so convinced that its existence is a catalyst for the cancellation of Sym-Bionic Titan. The two were greenlit at different points in time, with a completely different audience and approach.

It reminds me of a few years ago when some people were convinced CN canceled Toonami to make room for YTV's flash reality series because they took off around the same time Toonami was winding down and eventually canceled.

Spark Of Spirit

Same with people that like this show saying that SBT wasn't even good and Genndy's worst series.

The two show's aren't even related, seriously. I wish they would stop doing that.

Eddy

This has got to be the biggest piece of shit on Cartoon Network right now.

It's even worse than Almost Naked Animals.

Katie Holt

Quote from: Eddy on July 01, 2011, 11:28:19 PM
This has got to be the biggest piece of shit on Cartoon Network right now.

It's even worse than Almost Naked Animals.

Agreed. As with Desen, I respect what CN is trying to do, but they're going about it completely wrong.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

chdr

^ Even Johnny Test? Because I can think of at least a dozen shows on the network 10x worse than Problem Solverz. In other news...

http://is.gd/jOpJl0

Spark Of Spirit

These things must really cost nothing.

Kiddington

Ah... so it has been renewed.

Well... alright, confession time; Tux Dog is pretty awesome, IMO. Everything else about this show still sucks beyond a reasonable level of sucking, but Tux Dog? Awwwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.  :happytime:

Gah, I feel so dirty now. I shouldn't have admitted this publicly. Sorry guys.  :srs:

Katie Holt

Quote from: Kiddington on July 06, 2011, 03:40:18 PM
Ah... so it has been renewed.

Well... alright, confession time; Tux Dog is pretty awesome, IMO. Everything else about this show still sucks beyond a reasonable level of sucking, but Tux Dog? Awwwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.  :happytime:

Gah, I feel so dirty now. I shouldn't have admitted this publicly. Sorry guys.  :srs:
Well, he is voiced by John DiMaggio, who makes every character automatically awesome, even if the show isn't my cup of tea...
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah