What was the worst Cartoon Network original?

Started by Eddy, August 15, 2012, 12:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

It was alright for a couple seasons, but it got old pretty fast.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

More like it took a nosedive after a few seasons. But i think the good seasons were solid.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I still really like the first few season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but there's no denying it's been stale for quite some time (though there have been occasional brilliant episodes in recent years, imo).

Avaitor

I've always maintained that ATHF was [as]'s weakest original from their debut, but it had a solid start.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Do They Know It's Christmas? on November 28, 2013, 11:44:14 PM
Sheep in the Big City and Harvey Birdman are great.

This.

Speaking of, have any of you guys ever played the Harvey Birdman game? It's basically a point-and-click that plays out almost as an extended version of the series. Pretty fun, if only a bit disappointing because they couldn't get Colbert to do Phil's voice for whatever reason.

Commode

I had the PSP version at one point in time.  I honestly didn't play much of it though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, Colbert doesn't seem to want to come back to [as]. They asked him to reprise his bit on Venture Brothers a couple of years ago, and his agent basically told them "no way".
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

I'm adding Amazing World of Gumball to the list. Animated colorforms is what it is a large chunk of the time. ABC Family had a show similar to that several years back called Da Mob, which lasted I think 3-4 months before it was dumped and never seen again. Yeah, it was that bad.

LumRanmaYasha

I disagree about Gumball. It's proven to be a very funny and creative show, and the second season was a great improvement on the first season, which was already good. And anyone who dislikes "The Sweaters" and "The World" is living their life wrong.  :awesome:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've seen a fair chunk of Gumball, myself. It's by no means a favorite of mine, but I can't really agree that it's nearly the worst thing on CN, or even that it's bad. For what it is, I think that it's an OK cartoon.

LumRanmaYasha

"The Sweaters" alone should automatically disqualify it from ever even being considered CN's worst. Though seriously the show has plenty of great episodes in my opinion (The Ape, The Remote, The Game, etc.).

I'm not even a big fan of the show, but I do find it entertaining more often than not. It's a good show with a few great and some excellent episodes, "The Sweaters" and "The World" being of the latter.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 19, 2013, 12:56:15 AM
"The Sweaters" alone should automatically disqualify it from ever even being considered CN's worst.
Definitely  :thumbup:

Daxdiv

Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 19, 2013, 01:00:56 AM
Quote from: Cartoon X on December 19, 2013, 12:56:15 AM
"The Sweaters" alone should automatically disqualify it from ever even being considered CN's worst.
Definitely  :thumbup:

Now this is something I can co-sign. Gumball is far from the worse thing Cartoon Network has ever made.

Peanutbutter

While I'm not into Gumball like I am with Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Regular Show, I also wouldn't call Gumball terrible. I just didn't find it very funny.