The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

haha, people thought the show would call it a day at 25.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, I was wrong there.

Oh well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Considered the production getting higher plus that dispute with the cast earlier, I think The Simpsons could very well end on 26 or 27. It would take a lot to keep it going for much longer, and there are certain signs that even they thought this season would be their last.

Spark Of Spirit

I think they'll gamble on the buzz that "30 seasons!" could provide them with a sharp bump, plus there will be more episodes for syndication. I don't think they'll get much out of something like that, but I could see it happening.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

How many more episodes does the Simpsons need to have to beat Gunsmoke again?

LumRanmaYasha

Gunsmoke has 635 episodes, a number The Simpsons will reach around season 29, if it lasts that long. HOWEVER, 402 of those episodes of Gunsmoke had an hour-long runtime, so technically to match Gunsmoke in minutes would be for The Simpsons to last 1037 episodes, which would take around 2.5 more decades for the show to reach.

...yeaaahhhhh

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Avaitor

Well according to Al Jean-

"Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away. This was not Marcia's Edna Krabappel. Marcia's passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her."

New blog!

Commode

"But one thing I can tell you, any time I hear the wind blow it will whisper the name...Edna."

R.I.P.

gunswordfist

Yes R.I.P Marcia Wallace. Will her character will be retired?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

I'd expect so. When Phil Hartman died, Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz were retired, after all.

I wonder how they'll write her out of the show, though. Especially considering the fact Edna is married to Ned, now. I guess this means he's going to have to become a widower twice...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 27, 2013, 02:22:44 PM
I'd expect so. When Phil Hartman died, Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz were retired, after all.

I wonder how they'll write her out of the show, though. Especially considering the fact Edna is married to Ned, now. I guess this means he's going to have to become a widower twice...
Jesus fucking Christ, REALLY?! :whuh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

It's sad, but it's really something that they need to keep in mind considering some of the cast members are getting up there in age and they don't seem to want to end the show.  Harry Shearer is getting up there, what are they gonna do when he goes, retire the dozen or so regular characters that he voices?

LumRanmaYasha

They'd be better off canceling the show if Harry Shearer or other principal cast members like Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, or Hank Azaria die. I can't imagine anyone else replacing their iconic voices.