Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be honest, even if Sonic Generations is strictly supposed to be an anniversary game, I wouldn't mind seeing a direct sequel to it, if only because I'd like to see even more classic levels re-imagined and rendered in modern HD graphics. That said, at least we'll be getting some more DLC levels for Generations in the future, if I'm not mistaken. Either way, though, it'll still be a while before I get the game.

Anyways, this and Halo Anniversary will be at the top of my Christmas list.

talonmalon333

Have you guys heard of the rumored "Sonic Dimensions" for Wii U?

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it's rumored to be the next Sonic game, as sort of a sequel to Colors with different Sonics instead of Wisps and the possibility of classic Sonic style 2D sections. The thing that I liked most about the rumor was the possibility of Sega working with Nintendo on the game in areas including level design as it brings us one step closer to the fabled Mario and Sonic game we've all wanted forever for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

The multiple Sonics idea is the only thing I don't like about the rumour (seriously Sega? WHy can't you guys just pull another S3&K? It shouldn't be that hard). Everything else sounds pretty good though.

Spark Of Spirit

I would actually prefer they bring the wisps back (Generations' Planet Wisp shows there are PLENTY of ideas for them left), but if it helps pad the game out without relying on non-platforming gimmicks then I'm interested.

Though obviously, a S3&K situation is ideal, I'm just hoping Sonic 4's next episode has Tails.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It'd be a nice throwback of sorts to Sonic 2 if they allowed you an option to play as Sonic with Tails following behind you at the same time, and at any time someone could plug in a second controller and take control of Tails for a sort of pseudo-co-op experience which is obviously limited so as to not disrupt the flow of the game, but still fun to toy around with if you're the 2nd player. That's just something that would be nice as an option, but other than that I wouldn't mind if the next Sonic game pulled an S3&K and let you tackle the same stages as either Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. I've been playing Sonic and Knuckles recently and I for one have a lot of fun exploring the stages that I already played through as Sonic with Knuckles instead, who has is own set of unique abilities to make for a different but still fun experience. Any purists who are against that can just go fuck themselves if they are that against actual good ideas that are fun, while still being completely optional.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, that's pretty much where I would love to see the series go next, but who knows what Sonic Team is thinking now? I just hope they don't slip again.

By the way,Foggle, the PC version of Generations is out now and is apparently 60fps and is slightly cheaper than the console version right now. This might be your chance to bite, if you're interested.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on November 03, 2011, 07:26:37 PM
By the way,Foggle, the PC version of Generations is out now and is apparently 60fps and is slightly cheaper than the console version right now. This might be your chance to bite, if you're interested.
Don't worry, it's already downloading. ;)

talonmalon333

I can't help but wonder if they are nervous about Sonic 4: Episode II. After the complaints the first episode got, and how much better Generations plays.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The fact that Generations plays better should be all the reason for them NOT to be nervous. Now they have a solid physics engine to work with that will ensure that Sonic 4 Episode II will at the very least definitely be better than Episode I was. I mean, that's kind of common sense at this point.

Spark Of Spirit

I just hope it's Sonic Team that makes it instead of Dimps who made episode 1. Generations proved it should be them instead as they are clearly better at it. I hope they use the Generations Classic designs for the characters, too. Not only does it keep consistency, but it would probably help sell the game like it did for Generations.

EK, you are going to love Seaside Hill and Planet Wisp in this game for Modern Sonic. You can really go far in them, and I can't stop replaying them.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 04, 2011, 06:36:11 PM
I just hope it's Sonic Team that makes it instead of Dimps who made episode 1. Generations proved it should be them instead as they are clearly better at it. I hope they use the Generations Classic designs for the characters, too. Not only does it keep consistency, but it would probably help sell the game like it did for Generations.

EK, you are going to love Seaside Hill and Planet Wisp in this game for Modern Sonic. You can really go far in them, and I can't stop replaying them.

Will they find a way to connect the two episodes together (kind of like how you can connect 3 and S&K even on the WiiWare)? Maybe that way you could bring back the classic designs to the first episode.

Spark Of Spirit

It's possible, but I'm hoping they just scrap the episodic thing and just make the next one a whole game. NSMB and NSMBWii proved that the audience is there, and Generations smashing previous preorder records for the series, proved that the audience is waiting.

My suggestion, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 for the Wii-U as a launch title or out by holiday. It would probably do killer.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 04, 2011, 06:42:28 PM
It's possible, but I'm hoping they just scrap the episodic thing and just make the next one a whole game. NSMB and NSMBWii proved that the audience is there, and Generations smashing previous preorder records for the series, proved that the audience is waiting.

My suggestion, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 for the Wii-U as a launch title or out by holiday. It would probably do killer.

This is talonmalon333, and I approve of this post. 8)

But seriously, that's a good idea. Do you think they'll do it?

Spark Of Spirit

I hope, but they'll probably hand it off to Dimps and get working on the next 3D game. Which is a shame, because they Classic series should get just as much focus as the 3D ones, especially after Generations.

Either way, I bet the next Sonic game will be for Wii-U.