Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

"IT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING ATTACK!!"

Good lord, what was Sega thinking here? It was an easy fight, but the audio accompanying it was one of the most obnoxious things ever.

How do you unlock the rest of the songs? I did every challenge but I'm still missing 8 of 'em. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, spindashing on the right gears can lead you to good positions to climb areas higher and faster. It was a cool little gimmick, though I think they probably used them a bit too much.

Quote from: Foggle on November 10, 2011, 10:42:05 PM
"IT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING ATTACK!!"

Good lord, what was Sega thinking here? It was an easy fight, but the audio accompanying it was one of the most obnoxious things ever.

How do you unlock the rest of the songs? I did every challenge but I'm still missing 8 of 'em. :(
I hate that final boss so much. Getting the Can't Touch This achievement was a pain, and I'm never playing that boss again.

To unlock all the songs, I think you have to get all the red rings, beat all the challenges (check all the bells over again) and beat the bosses in hard mode.

Also, got my Speed Highway Classic time down to 1:52 and Modern to 2:18. Classic goes almost as fast as Modern when you know when to jump, roll, and drop.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

The only song I'm missing that I actually want is Green Forest. I think I can get the rest just by collecting red rings; not sure yet.

Here's my custom track list:
Green Hill Act 1 - Angel Island (might replace with Green Forest once I get that)
Green Hill Act 2 - Emerald Coast
Chemical Plant Act 1 - Chemical Plant (Original)
Chemical Plant Act 2 - Toxic Caves
Sky Sanctuary Act 1 - Flying Battery
Sky Sanctuary Act 2 - Sweet Mountain
Metal Sonic - Default (fucking amazing track)
Death Egg Robot - Death Egg
Speed Highway Act 1 - Default
Speed Highway Act 2 - Stardust Speedway
City Escape Act 1 - Hydro City
City Escape Act 2 - Default
Seaside Hill Act 1 - Metal Harbor
Seaside Hill Act 2 - Default
Shadow - Default
Perfect Chaos - Open Your Heart
Crisis City Act 1 - High Flying Groove
Crisis City Act 2 - Default
Rooftop Run Act 1 - Default
Rooftop Run Act 2 - Tropical Resort
Planet Wisp Act 1 - Palm Tree Panic
Planet Wisp Act 2 - Default
Silver - Default
Egg Dragoon - Default
Time Eater - Live & Learn

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I think I got Green Forest from getting a certain red ring.

Quote from: Foggle on November 11, 2011, 03:04:45 PM
Metal Sonic - Default (fucking amazing track)
Best remix in the game. So good.

Also I put Sonic Boom in both Crisis City Act 1 and the Final Boss. I can't get enough of it.  :D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So after playing around, I settled on my favorite track set up:

Green Hill Act 1 - Emerald Hill
Green Hill Act 2 - Default (I don't play it all that much)
Chemical Plant Act 1 - Default (or original, they just work too well)
Chemical Plant Act 2 - Metal Harbor
Sky Sanctuary Act 1 - Angel Island
Sky Sanctuary Act 2 - Savannah Citadel
Didn't change the Classic era boss music at all- too perfect.
Speed Highway Act 1 - Default
Speed Highway Act 2 - Default
City Escape Act 1 - Route 99
City Escape Act 2 - Right There, Ride On or Default
Seaside Hill Act 1 - Hydrocity
Seaside Hill Act 2 - Emerald Coast
Shadow - Live & Learn
Perfect Chaos - Open Your Heart or Default
Crisis City Act 1 - Sonic Boom
Crisis City Act 2 - Green Forest
Rooftop Run Act 1 - Marble Garden or Default
Rooftop Run Act 2 - Tropical Resort
Planet Wisp Act 1 - Palm Tree Panic
Planet Wisp Act 2 - Death Egg
Left the Modern bosses alone
Time Eater - Sonic Boom

The change music feature is a really awesome feature. I hope the next Smash Bros game actually takes cues from this. ANY song for ANY level, please.

Foggle

I just wish it had more music from the first Sonic Adventure. It sorely lacks the snowboarding music (SERIOUSLY SEGA HOW THE HELL COULD YOU LEAVE THIS OUT), both Red Mountain tracks, and Final Egg 1. It also needs a ton of songs from both versions of Sonic CD and the Knuckles level music from Adventure 2 (no, seriously, I love that shit).

I hope we get some levels from Sonic 3, the Game Gear titles, 3D Blast, Advance 1-3, Rush/Rush Adventure, and Sonic 4 in a DLC, along with a bunch more songs. I'd pay handsomely for that.

Hell, they could even put a stage from Shadow The Hedgehog, Secret Rings, or Black Knight in there. I think Sonic Team could actually make those games' gimmicks fun with a lot of tweaking.

Rynnec

ShTH actually could have worked if it played like a high-speed on-rails shooter, rather than a lame SA/Ratchet and Clank hybrid.

Spark Of Spirit

I think the most likely levels are Stardust Speedway and Final Rush since they have pretty much all the assets ready to go. For a third an actual Sonic 3 stage wold be nice (like Ice Cap), but I'm not holding my breath. If we don't get new zones than second acts for each Sonic and Zone is what I want.

I just want MORE.

Eddy

I'll tell you what song this game is missing.

Pumpkin Hill, bitches.

Rynnec

Meteor Herd and Wild Canyon >> Pumpkin Hill. ;)

Foggle

YOU READY TO GO IN SPACE

HELP ME GET THE EMERALDS

:thinkin:

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

Pumpkin Hill was the only Knuckles level I was a fan of. I just like how big and free it was.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Is Ice Cap Zone a featured track in the game? That one may just be my favorite tune from the classic 2D games. I also like Mystic Cave, which I find to be one of the more underrated tracks among the classic games.

Rynnec

I hope Lava Reef Zone's first act music is in the game. As well as Flying Battery. Those were my personal favorites (along with Ice Cap's, Death Egg's, Marble Garden's, and...screw it. Let's just say the entire S3&K soundtrack should be in the game  :P ).