Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I expect episode 2 on the Wii U (would love a 3DS e-shop release, too) when it launches, they're not going to bypass Nintendo entirely again. I'm pretty sure the WiiWare size cap is the only thing keeping it off of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a lack of a lock-on feature either, as with the new physics, graphics and art style, and whole story, adding episode 1 on would probably add very little since the zones were already boring as they were even without the issues it had.

By the way, the rumored release date is May 16th. That's not too far off!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 14, 2012, 09:09:30 PM
I expect episode 2 on the Wii U (would love a 3DS e-shop release, too) when it launches, they're not going to bypass Nintendo entirely again. I'm pretty sure the WiiWare size cap is the only thing keeping it off of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a lack of a lock-on feature either, as with the new physics, graphics and art style, and whole story, adding episode 1 on would probably add very little since the zones were already boring as they were even without the issues it had.

By the way, the rumored release date is May 16th. That's not too far off!

I wouldn't necessarily say they were boring. Just uninspired, as they were too focused on constantly pushing in your face "HEY REMEMBER THIS FROM THE OLD GAMEZ?!".

Spark Of Spirit

Nine more screenshots are out there

I don't see a homing attack reticule? Could that mean it's finally optional like I always wanted? Also, I just want fixed physics now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Lookin' good! Still need to play Episode 1. Will probably pick it up during a Steam sale.

talonmalon333

Playing Episodes I and II back to back will honestly be funny. Cause unlike Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, they don't quite look the same. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, and the first gameplay trailer will be on Thursday. That's right, a week from now.

Here's hoping they nail this so we won't have to spend two years waiting for the follow up because they need to revamp everything for the next episode again. I want these out more timely and I want to lock them on!

... Well, I could skip episode 1 either way. The story really has nothing to do with this. We're not missing much by not having it lock on.

talonmalon333

... I just realized I didn't get all the emeralds in Episode I. :P

Anyone think I should?

Spark Of Spirit

I did it a while ago on the Wii version. Some of those levels are really frustrating.

I can't wait until episode 3 so I can get the awesome S3&K special stages.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 16, 2012, 06:32:38 PM
I did it a while ago on the Wii version. Some of those levels are really frustrating.

I can't wait until episode 3 so I can get the awesome S3&K special stages.

Would you recommend doing so? Like, will it affect, or does it have anything to do with, Episode II?

Spark Of Spirit

It just gives you Super Sonic. I don't know if it affects anything in episode 2 because I'm not sure if it locks on, so no idea there.

If you want Super Sonic, do it. If not, don't bother.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 16, 2012, 06:57:59 PM
It just gives you Super Sonic. I don't know if it affects anything in episode 2 because I'm not sure if it locks on, so no idea there.

Not sure I have the patience for that game right now. :P

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2012, 06:58:44 PM

I've noticed that you guys don't like Sonic 4 very much. What's wrong with it, exactly? There's no demo on Steam, so I can't try it out before buying.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 16, 2012, 07:05:06 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2012, 06:58:44 PM

I've noticed that you guys don't like Sonic 4 very much. What's wrong with it, exactly? There's no demo on Steam, so I can't try it out before buying.
The physics are awful, the art style is jarring, there aren't any original zones (all enemies are rehashed too), the music sounds bad (the tracks aren't bad but the instruments suck), cost $15 for such little content, and there's only 4 zones. Those things really hold the game back from being anywhere near as good as the classics. But the physics are by far the worst part.

So far episode 2 looks better, has original zones, and will probably have physics at least as good as Sonic Generations 3DS (which are almost dead on to the classics), rumored to be $10 instead of $15, and it has co-op play which make it already look 100 times better than the first part.

Keep in mind that because episode 1 had all those issues that Generations turned out so good, they directly responded to all fan complaints with that one. So it only stand to reason this one will be much better. So if it doesn't lock on, that won't really bother me.

Foggle

Ah, I see. Sonic 4 is only $10 on Steam... didn't know it was 15 when it originally came out. Definitely won't bite 'til a sale.

I wish they'd release Sonic Colors on the PC. Generations was amazing with its smooth 60 FPS gameplay. So unbelievably satisfying to play. Really, all Steam needs now is Adventure 2 and Colors and it'll have every worthwhile home console Sonic game (except for Unleashed, if you like that one).

Spark Of Spirit

Really, if Sonic 4 episode 1 looked like this:

I think you would have heard more about it. There's just no comparison. I say wait on a sale.