Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Oh my god. :swoon:

I hope someone does this for Colors, too.

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, using the Generations controls will make Unleashed WAY better. I wouldn't mind the same with Colors (though infinite swim jumping would need to return...) as well.

If only Heroes could get the same treatment. Good controls would do a LOT of good for that game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If you own either an XBOX360 or a PS3 you can download the demo on either of those consoles.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 16, 2012, 07:59:49 PM
Wow, using the Generations controls will make Unleashed WAY better.
Not to mention the complete removal of the werehog. ;)

Oh man, it'd be amazing to have a good version of Heroes. Unleashed and Colors would definitely be the easiest to port to Generations, though, since a lot of the data from both of those games is actually on the disc. I doubt anyone would actually do this with Colors, though; that game is already nearly perfect.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 16, 2012, 08:02:02 PM
If you own either an XBOX360 or a PS3 you can download the demo on either of those consoles.
My Xbox doesn't really like connecting to the internet anymore. :( I didn't know the demo was also available on the PS3, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I assumed it was....

Spark Of Spirit

I think there's a PC version of Heroes. If no one has fixed the controls in that yet, then I'd be surprised. I mean, the game would still have issues, but making everyone control closer to they do in Generations would make it much more fun to play.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 16, 2012, 07:05:06 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2012, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 16, 2012, 06:57:59 PM
It just gives you Super Sonic. I don't know if it affects anything in episode 2 because I'm not sure if it locks on, so no idea there.

If you want Super Sonic, do it. If not, don't bother.

Not sure I have the patience for that game right now. :P
I've noticed that you guys don't like Sonic 4 very much. What's wrong with it, exactly? There's no demo on Steam, so I can't try it out before buying.

You haven't tried Episode I yet?

Either way, Spark of Spirit covered everything (though I don't necessarily agree on art style, as it's the same as Episode II's, just not nearly as technically good). Like, I went back and played around on it earlier today, and it controls worse than I remember. Maybe it's just the physics, but it honestly feels almost sluggish, not even remotely as smooth as the games that it's plagiarizing. :P

I wouldn't necessarily say I don't like it. It's... decent. It's a massively watered down version of the Genesis games... But hey, considering the AAA quality of the classics, being "a massively watered down version of the Genesis games" doesn't automatically make it bad. :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I tried the demo, and it plays fine enough, but Genesis really nailed down the physics perfectly, so compared to that Episode I feels kind of sluggish and awkward....and strangely enough too slow, compared to how smoothly things move in Generations.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's a gameplay trailer.

And I use the word "gameplay" loosely because it's almost impossible to see what's going on with all the quick cuts, springs, and speed boosters.

Spark Of Spirit

Huh.

I just realized the first zone of episode 2 is called Sylvania Castle Zone. Why is that so weird? Well, think about it a bit.

Sylvania Castle Zone.

Sylvania Castle.

Sylvania.

Castle.

Castle Sylvania.

I mean, that's probably a coincidence and all (Sylvania means "Forest" in Japanese and the level is basically a Forest Castle...) but it's still weird.

Spark Of Spirit

GaryPotter

James Rolfe isn't a real gamer. He's an amateur filmmaker who got caught in an Internet sensation pumped up by autistic losers and 12 year old brats. His analysis is as worthless as his movies.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Being a "real gamer" (which I think is an absurd use of wording since anyone who enjoys games to any extent is basically a gamer of some sort; describing them as "real" or "true" is just nonsense, IMO) or not doesn't automatically make it wrong for someone to have an opinion on games that they have played and liked. :-\

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 31, 2012, 03:03:21 PM
Being a "real gamer" (which I think is an absurd use of wording since anyone who enjoys games to any extent is basically a gamer of some sort; describing them as "real" or "true" is just nonsense, IMO) or not doesn't automatically make it wrong for someone to have an opinion on games that they have played and liked. :-\

I think GaryPotter was trolling........ right? (Hope I'm right.) :SHOCK:

GaryPotter

Maybe a little bit. However, I've had a lot of run-ins with AVGN fans to conclude that most of them fit that definition.

As for James, he's always made it pretty clear he's more of a movie buff than a gamer, not that that's a bad thing.