Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: GaryPotter on March 31, 2012, 07:37:27 PM
Maybe a little bit. However, I've had a lot of run-ins with AVGN fans to conclude that most of them fit that definition.

The key word there is "fans" of AVGN, not AVGN himself. Its clear that he's more of a film buff than a gamer, and he has openly admitted that himself, but just because he is not into gaming at a hardcore level like some might think he would be doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he's talking about when he gives his opinion on games that he's actually played. At any rate, I don't see what the problem was with him giving his opinion on the classic Sonic games. Its just that, anyways, an opinion, and it pretty much fits in line with what most people think of classic Sonic, anyways. As for his fans, I don't see how the fact that some of them aren't really gamers but pretend to be really has anything to do with James Rolfe himself.

Spark Of Spirit

It looks like Sonic Adventure 2 is on its way to XBLA/PSN just like the first Adventure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Nice! Don't have my GameCube copy anymore, so this greatly pleases me. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In the summer, I'll be downloading this along with SA1 and JSR from XBLA.

Spark Of Spirit

It was actually found in this list of games.

Vintage Golden Axe BETTER include Revenge Of Death Adder. One of the best beat em ups ever.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

QuoteJojo's Bizarre Adventure HD
:light:

talonmalon333

Which are the superior versions of SA and SA2, between DC and GC?

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic Adventure 1 = Dreamcast
Sonic adventure 2 = Gamecube

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

The framerate is locked and not terrible, there's LESS glitches (somehow), better graphics (again, somehow), somehow less slippery control, and the extras in the Gamecube version are terrible and have dumb ways of unlocking them. I actually think this port is why a lot of people like SA2 more than 1 since the GC version of 2 actually improved on the original they might figure the GC version of 1 did the same. It really, really didn't.

It's why I hope the Wii-U VC has Dreamcast games. The DC version needs a re-release.

Rynnec

Which version of the game is the XBLA/PSN based on?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The DC version of SA1 was great. I haven't played the GC version to be honest, but the DC version never had any frame-rate problems and at least from what I remember of it there weren't too many bugs or glitches in the game (at least not many more than any other reasonably polished game that I have ever played). The controls worked perfectly for the DC and I honestly never had too many problems with the game's camera. I hear that the GC version of the game did have some noticeable flaws that weren't even present in the DC version of the game and that overall it was a very half-assed port, but since I've never played it myeslf I can't comment on if those statements are exaggerated or not.

Spark Of Spirit

Of all the Sonic games last generation, the only one I ever constantly see in the bargain bin (besides Shadow which doesn't count as it is a spinoff) is the GC version of SA1. I haven't even seen the GC SA2 in the wild in years.

Quote from: Rynnec on April 04, 2012, 04:35:01 PM
Which version of the game is the XBLA/PSN based on?
It's based on the PC version which is based on the Gamecube version. It's why the models are so terribly ugly and the game seems to have random glitches happen every now and then. However, it does have one advantage. On the 360, the XBLA version of SA1 is actually locked at 60fps. But they make you pay extra for the terrible bonus material, so it has good and bad points.

Spark Of Spirit

Some Sonic 4 episode 2 music

Man, that was so freaking generic. It doesn't compare to the classics at all. I mean, Jun Senoue CAN write classic music. He wrote this for crying out loud. Sonic games have some of the best soundtracks ever, and to see Sonic 4, the sequel to the games that had soundtracks as good and diverse as Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Knuckles, and CD and have something so nondescript is just disappointing.

Nel_Annette

Woo! @ SA2 on X-Box 360. My disc for Gamecube doesn't even work anymore.

I'm really wishing they hadn't called Sonic 4 that. It doesn't hold a candle to the classics, and I'm not even a nostalgia freak for this series. All Episode 1 was were recycled levels with poor physics and a subpar soundtrack. I am a bit more excited about Episode 2, but only for the original levels. I've already given up in thinking the music will be as good. I wish they'd use the composers from 06 and Colors. Say what you will about gameplay quality, but at least the music was good. I stopped caring about Jun after the garbage soundtrack he made for the Shadow game.