Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Spark Of Spirit

All that wasted work, and it was actually turning out surprisingly well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 11:41:44 PM
So I watched most of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 stuff, and I noticed the following:

• The music is WAY better. In particular Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3, all the White Park themes, and Oil Desert Act 2 and 3. The boss music is a bit dull, though
  • Momentum is back. Sonic actually controls well now.
  • The fourth zone has a really cool homage to a certain Sonic 2 zone (and IMO looks WAY more fun than it)
  • Co-op moves look fun
  • With Episode Metal I doubt I'll ever bother with Episode 1 again
  • There are still too many boosters, but they aren't as annoying as Episode 1's
  • As a whole the game looks very fun to play from start to finish
  • I really wish they would put more zones in the game
  • Metal Sonic is awesome

I'm glad Dimps seemed to have learned a lot from Episode 1. Here's hoping they learn even faster and we get Episode 3 sooner than later.

Did they release another Episode II video? If so, where is it?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 24, 2012, 06:02:08 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 11:41:44 PM
So I watched most of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 stuff, and I noticed the following:

• The music is WAY better. In particular Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3, all the White Park themes, and Oil Desert Act 2 and 3. The boss music is a bit dull, though
  • Momentum is back. Sonic actually controls well now.
  • The fourth zone has a really cool homage to a certain Sonic 2 zone (and IMO looks WAY more fun than it)
  • Co-op moves look fun
  • With Episode Metal I doubt I'll ever bother with Episode 1 again
  • There are still too many boosters, but they aren't as annoying as Episode 1's
  • As a whole the game looks very fun to play from start to finish
  • I really wish they would put more zones in the game
  • Metal Sonic is awesome

I'm glad Dimps seemed to have learned a lot from Episode 1. Here's hoping they learn even faster and we get Episode 3 sooner than later.

Did they release another Episode II video? If so, where is it?
The game leaked on Steam for a few hours and somebody put up videos of the levels.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
The game leaked on Steam for a few hours and somebody put up videos of the levels.
I only watched the video of Oil Desert Act 3, but the game is looking seriously awesome.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Most of the music has been uploaded onto Youtube (or at least it was when I looked it up yesterday, in case it might have been taken down already). I've listened to quite a few of the tracks, and I have to say that most of them sound pretty awesome. They totally fit in with a Sonic game and I've heard at least 3 great tracks that are pretty damn memorable, IMO, which is a great sign for me that this game will indeed hit all of the right notes....literally. :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 24, 2012, 06:53:06 PM
this game will indeed hit all of the right notes....literally.
:butbut:

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, there's some great music in there. Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3 and White Park Act 1 and 2 are some great tracks. Way better than the ones from episode 1.

The only track from episode 1 that I really liked was Splash Hill Act 3.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 07:05:58 PM
Yeah, there's some great music in there. Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3 and White Park Act 1 and 2 are some great tracks. Way better than the ones from episode 1.

I really like Splash Hill's Act 1 theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5id6aXLHndM&feature=related

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 24, 2012, 07:17:04 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 07:05:58 PM

I really like Splash Hill's Act 1 theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5id6aXLHndM&feature=related
Eh, that track never really clicked with me.

Episode II's quality is much higher with stuff like this.

Foggle

Bah, nothing beats a remixed classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NglF07tfWc&feature=relmfu

I miss the piano from the Generations version, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 07:32:20 PM

At first I thought you were referring to this, but then I remembered Metal Sonic.

I think the biggest surprise is that most every level track is pretty good, but I thought the special stage and boss music (Metal Sonic and remix aside) was pretty weak. They should have just remixed Sonic 2's special stage music. It was about the only thing I liked from those special stages anyway.

Foggle

Aw, I like the special stage music. It's not great, but it's still pretty cool.

Spark Of Spirit

My problem is that it just doesn't really stand out or hook me.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 07:32:20 PM

Not bad, but I wish they used the US version instead, since we already had a remix of the JP/EU version in Generations.