Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 30, 2012, 11:58:19 PM
Not to mention they are made needlessly even harder by playing with Tails, since if he gets hit he'll lose some of the rings that you're carrying, even if you yourself are avoiding obstacles perfectly.
For what? Really? How did I not know this? Me and my little brother could get Super Sonic on Emerald Hill because we played the game so damn much. We had perfect coordination for the special stages. A thing of beauty.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I have a question.

Before I ask it though, does anyone here own the PS2 version of Sonic Mega Collection?

Rynnec

I used to own it, but I realized it was a pretty pointless purchase since I already have the GCN version, so I sold it to get a 3DS.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on May 07, 2012, 12:07:55 AM
I used to own it, but I realized it was a pretty pointless purchase since I already have the GCN version, so I sold it to get a 3DS.

Was the sound quality a little fuzzy at all? I remember it being that way for the GC version.

Rynnec

From what little I played of it, I can't really remember.

GaryPotter

The PS2 and Xbox versions are superior because they allow you to save anywhere.

And I own both versions.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've been replaying stages of Sonic Generations and Sonic 3 and Knuckles today. With Sonic Generations, I was wondering how exactly you get the shield power-ups to work. The whole time I've been playing the game I haven't been able to access them outside of the challenge missions. I did equip them, but I'm not sure how to activate them.

As for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I've been replaying the game as Knuckles this time. I like how he has different paths that are exclusive to his character, and how he can glide and scale walls, though I do get annoyed that he can't utilize the special abilities that are granted by each shield type, which I was so used to when playing as Sonic. I suppose that does balance his character out, though. Overall, the game is still great. Its pretty much the pinnacle of the Sonic franchise, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2012, 09:08:38 PM
I've been replaying stages of Sonic Generations and Sonic 3 and Knuckles today. With Sonic Generations, I was wondering how exactly you get the shield power-ups to work. The whole time I've been playing the game I haven't been able to access them outside of the challenge missions. I did equip them, but I'm not sure how to activate them.
Push Y when it's equipped. Unfortunately, that's the only shield you get.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Awwww....I guess I'll have to play extra careful if I don't want to lose it before the end of a level. I feel as though it would make getting some red star rings I still haven't gotten as classic sonic a bit easier.

On another note, I've been trying to explore alternate paths in modern Sonic's version of Chemical plant zone. Its a little tricky trying to hit those parallel tracks at the very beginning of the stage (and I never even realized you could do that until I saw a Youtube video of it), but its cool to see how you can get to different paths right away by doing that.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I thought Chemical Plant's alternate paths were the trickiest to get to in the 3D parts, but the ones in the 2D paths weren't all that hard. Sticking to the top near the end of the level is a bit dicey, but it's worth it for how much more speed you get!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I think one of my favorite parts of Knuckle's adventure in S3&K is how they cut the barrel section in Carnival Night, cause they must've known they screwed up. I love the game as a whole, it's my favorite in the series. But when people disagree for that reason, I can't complain. :P

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 09:28:33 PM
Yeah, I thought Chemical Plant's alternate paths were the trickiest to get to in the 3D parts, but the ones in the 2D paths weren't all that hard. Sticking to the top near the end of the level is a bit dicey, but it's worth it for how much more speed you get!
I have a hard time hitting any alternate paths since Sega still hasn't fixed the massive lag spikes in Chemical Plant on the PC version. :-\

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Really? That's pretty lame. You'd think that for such a small problem Sega would have patched it almost immediately after the game was released, but I guess they don't listen to PC gamers, which is pretty stupid on their part.

Either way, though, those alternate paths are pretty tough to hit. In general, modern Sonic's Chemical Plant zone probably has the toughest alternate paths to get to in the whole game. Even Planet Wisp's alternate paths aren't as hard to get to, IMO.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2012, 10:30:36 PM
Really? That's pretty lame. You'd think that for such a small problem Sega would have patched it almost immediately after the game was released, but I guess they don't listen to PC gamers, which is pretty stupid on their part.
It doesn't happen to everyone, apparently, so I guess they don't see it as too big of an issue. It's really weird, though, because it's definitely not my hardware's fault... I can turn the graphics all the way down to minimum settings and deactivate vsync and I still get the horrendous FPS drops.

It's a great port otherwise, though, provided you have a gamepad.

talonmalon333

Know what I didn't think much about before?

Why is there a carnival on Angel Island? ???