Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on February 07, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Man, if only the real Sonic Heroes were this good...
EXCUSE ME SIR...

Also getting the "Sol Emeralds" is even more of a bitch with three characters. The jump lag is about as forgiving as that grandma you hate.

Kiddington

Quote from: Lord Dalek on February 07, 2013, 05:02:16 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on February 07, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Man, if only the real Sonic Heroes were this good...
EXCUSE ME SIR...

Also getting the "Sol Emeralds" is even more of a bitch with three characters. The jump lag is about as forgiving as that grandma you hate.

:swoon:

God I am so out of the loop on ROM hacks. It's about time I change that.

Foggle

The Sonic Unleashed mod for Generations is finally here! http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project

Can't wait to fire up this bad boy later. :joy: :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

If only there was a way to put in Eggmanland without the Werehog parts. That would be amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteThis information comes from the same person that leaked details for Sonic Generations.

- Level titled ?Shattered Heights? will be reminiscent of New York
- Will consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings
- Each character can access parts the other character can?t
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles
- will feature Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and Amy Rose
- will also include some sort of Magical necklace.
- Emblems will make a return
- Levels will include S rank missions, ?Collect all Red Ring? missions, and side missions for ever character
- due out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and the next Xbox
- due out November 2013
- 3DS version will not be handled by Dimps
This is still in rumor mode and I hope it's true especially the bolded. The rest I could give or take, but it does sound close to the last rumor.

The third point would be great if its like the PA announcements from Colors.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote- Level titled ?Shattered Heights? will be reminiscent of New York
- Will consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror

Sounds like good stuff all around.
Quote- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings

Not sure about this. That got really annoyin in the Heroes era, but if we get the option to turn it off, I'm fine with it.
Quote- Each character can access parts the other character can?t
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles

Awesome.
Quote- will feature Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and Amy Rose

Add in Blaze, Metal Sonic, and Shadow as unlockables or dlc and I'll be a happy camper ;D . Metal Knuckles as an alternate skin for Knux would be cool too, though I doubt it'll happen.

Quote- will also include some sort of Magical necklace.
- 3DS version will not be handled by Dimps

No comment.

Quote- Emblems will make a return
- Levels will include S rank missions, ?Collect all Red Ring? missions, and side missions for ever character
- due out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and the next Xbox
- due out November 2013

Nice.

Foggle

Quote- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings
- Amy Rose
- will also include some sort of Magical necklace.
Please no.

Sounds interesting, I guess. I honestly don't enjoy the classic levels in Generations that much, so this doesn't really excite me. I'm sure I'm in the minority there, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sonic Generation's classic style of levels are of course nowhere near as good as actual classic Sonic, but I enjoyed them fairly well. I'd at least take them over a game that was designed to be more like the 3D segments of that game. Sorry, but the more I've played that game, the more I've come to realize just how bland the design of modern 3D Sonic is from both a gameplay and level design stand-point. It just gets more and more boring for me on replays.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 30, 2013, 10:03:19 PM
Sonic Generation's classic style of levels are of course nowhere near as good as actual classic Sonic, but I enjoyed them fairly well. I'd at least take them over a game that was designed to be more like the 3D segments of that game. Sorry, but the more I've played that game, the more I've come to realize just how bland the design of modern 3D Sonic is from both a gameplay and level design stand-point. It just gets more and more boring for me on replays.
I feel literally the exact opposite of you.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2013, 10:04:54 PM
I feel literally the exact opposite of you.

That's what opinions are for. Except mine are always right. :>

talonmalon333

Are 3D Sonic's levels in Generations similar to how they are in Colors, in design?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 30, 2013, 10:14:52 PM
Are 3D Sonic's levels in Generations similar to how they are in Colors, in design?
Yep, except even more exhilarating due to 60 FPS.

Nel_Annette

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, I disagree and agree with both of you. Both types of levels were fantastic.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that Colors had somewhat more interesting level design, but other than that the gameplay for modern Sonic in Generations is mechanically the same for the most part.

Eddy

I realize I like every level in Sonic Generations except Planet Wisp.