Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

We can only hope.

Also hoping that it's better than AoSTH as well.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

In terms of a Sonic cartoon, I'd like a balance of the silliness and video game aspects of AOSTH along with the seriousness and storytelling attempts that SatAM went for.

Neither show were anything close to perfect, but I do think if you could get a talented enough staff to balance both methods together, it wouldn't be hard to get something good out of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GaryPotter

Cue all the neckbeards of DA screaming for the return of Jaleel White.  :>

Spark Of Spirit

A lot of gameplay footage

It looks like a mix of Classic Sonic, Sonic Colors, and Super Mario Galaxy. That forest level looks pretty tricky.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Edition

This one apparently has bosses from NiGHTS! I really hope they give us the bonus edition this time after I missed out on the Generations one.

Spark Of Spirit

Am I the only one excited for this?

With speed-run possibilities like this I'm sure not missing the boost all too much.

It really feels like classic Sonic gameplay in 3D. They need to stick with this style.

Foggle

Nope. But I think you might be the only one with a Wii U. :P

Spark Of Spirit

To be fair, that was 3DS footage.  ;)

But I see what you mean.

Either way, the return of the spindash and parkour moves are just what Sonic needed in my opinion. It makes 3D movement flow much better.

Foggle

Oh shit, you're right! I couldn't tell that it was 3DS footage since camcorder recordings never look good.

Looks pretty awesome. Guess I'll have to pick up the 3DS version too!

Nel_Annette

I'm a bit bummed they moved it back to the 29th, as I have it on preorder along with AC4:BF, and now I'm getting both the same day. That's easily over $100.

Also, I bought both versions of Colors and Generations, but this is the first time the handheld version of a new Sonic release actually looks to be as good as the console version. I remember watching gameplay footage months back, thinking I was watching the Wii U game, and at the end it turned out to be the 3DS. I was shocked.

talonmalon333

I think I'm going to rank my favorite Sonic games. I'm only going to rank the ones I've played a good portion of and can form a good opinion on. I played handfuls of Advance, Advance 2, Sonic Colors, and Sonic 4: Episode I, Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog. And I played bits of various other 3D games. However, there is only a handful I can rank. Here they are.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog CD
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Sonic Adventure

I was tempted to switch the spots of Sonic CD and the first game. I never understood Sonic CD's hype. Still good, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 26, 2013, 03:47:06 PM1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog CD
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Sonic Adventure

Swap places between Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, and that'd pretty much be my list.

Also, Sonic Generations would be last. The game itself is fine, but it just never did as much for me as other Sonic games that I have played. I honestly think that, while the game is mechanically fine, it has pretty "meh" level design, even if its levels are inspired by many of the best levels in previous Sonic games.

Spark Of Spirit

Lost World's out tomorrow. Can't wait to pick it up.

As for me:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Sonic the Hedgehog CD
4. Sonic Colors
5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
6. Sonic Generations
7. Sonic Advance
8. Sonic The Hedgehog (8-bit)
9. Sonic Rush
10. Sonic Adventure

Foggle

Surprised to see Sonic 1 so high. Dump that off down to the bottom and you basically have my list. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

I just like its identity crisis more than most.  ;)