Rynnec

Stream is legit happening. :joy:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 10, 2014, 02:17:33 PM
Having some start-up troubles I see. :humhumhum:
*insert ed joke here*
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

The last boss of Sonic Adventure 2 is a giant penis chasing Shadow around.

...why do you defend this?

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 10, 2014, 08:52:38 PM
The last boss of Sonic Adventure 2 is a giant penis chasing Shadow around.

...why do you defend this?

CAN YOU FEEL LIFE MOVIN' THROUGH YOUR MIND
OOH, LOOKS LIKE IT CAME BACK FOR MORE!
YEAH YEAH YEAH!

Oh yeah, I bet this is immediately what comes to mind when you think about a story with Sonic the Hedgehog in it.

Nel_Annette

Guys. Guys. I... I did a bad.

I bought a used copy of Sonic 06. First time playing it since renting it back in 2007. Only mainstream Sonic title since Sonic 3 that I didn't buy on release day. Even after watching countless LPs of the game, there's nothing quite like actually playing it to truly understand why it's one of the worst games ever made.

Nel_Annette

My buddy who works at GameStop kept trying to talk me out of it, but I told him. It's one of the worst games ever made. It's a milestone in gaming history. And it's from my favorite franchise. I need to have it.  :lol: It's exactly as you say: one can watch Pokecapn's LP to see how it can break a person, one can watch Clement's review to learn every single thing that went wrong with this game, but one can not know the true pain of playing Sonic 2006 unless that controller is in their hands. I knew what I was getting into and still found myself swearing like a mad man at the first mach speed section.

Foggle

Sonic Boom gameplay

It looks absolutely godawful. This shit was made by people who worked on Jak & Daxter and Uncharted? I can't believe that.

gunswordfist

Why, why do they have lassos? Why, why is Sonic kicking? It's like a watered down version of Tomb Raider Legend.

Nel_Annette

I have mixed feelings. It looks a bit closer to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations gameplay, so that much I can appreciate. But it still looks meh.

And poor Mike Pollock's in the comments section assuring people it will be good.  :(

gunswordfist

Heh, I'm still reading them. The levels look like low rent Ratchet & Clank worlds.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 08, 2014, 11:02:07 PM
Heh, I'm still reading them. The levels look like low rent Ratchet & Clank worlds.
I felt the same way. This game looks like All 4 One but somehow even worse in every regard. Platforming, combat, level design, boss battles, music, graphics, camera, frame rate, voice acting, writing... it's all terrible.

I'm curious as to how experienced developers were able to make the engine that runs Crysis 3 look like it belongs on the PS2.

gunswordfist

Besides Sonic's, I thought the voice acting was just fine but yeah, everything else is just blah.

Rynnec

Looks incredibly bland and unpolished. Why does the combat look so slow? What's with the whole lasso thing that looks better suited to Silver? The writing/humour is pretty bad too, and that was one thing I was sure the game would get down.

I also don't get the logic of sizing down the cast and shifting focus to combat, yet (as far as we know) leaving out Blaze, Shadow, and Omega, the three characters that would be most suited and fun to use in a combat setting.  They also don't seem to be using of any of the movesets introduced in Sonic Battle.

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

Shadow . . . is smiling.

:joy:

I really hope they manage to fix the bugs in this game. I want a new J&D influenced platformer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton