Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

The combat, writing, and animations still look like utter shit. The platforming at least looks passable this time, though. And the music was pretty good.

gunswordfist

i felt weird reading combat in this thread.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Got done playing the Sonic Boom 3DS demo. My impressions were...less than solid, to say the least.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, it'd seemed like Sonic had regained his footing to some degree with Colors and Generations, but I suppose that those were just a fluke.

But, I'll at least give this franchise credit for always doing something radically different with each new game, even if it usually doesn't work out.

Nel_Annette

First Sonic games since '06 that I won't be getting on release day. I can appreciate experimentation but I didn't like Lost World and the Boom games seem more like promotion for the show than anything they actually put effort into, so I wish we'd still get games in the style of Unleashed/Colors/Generations.

Daxdiv

I will try to watch the cartoon, but the game is another story. Just doesn't feel right.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on November 05, 2014, 06:36:49 PM
Got done playing the Sonic Boom 3DS demo. My impressions were...less than solid, to say the least.
Aw, that's too bad. The 3DS game at least looked playable. Which is more than I can say for the Wii U one...

gunswordfist

what's y'all opinion of the lost world?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wow....that's just....I don't even....:whuh:

Nel_Annette

I saw NTom in that comments section. Oh god, the playthrough of this trainwreck is going to be fun. Though with 06 people were hyped. With these Boom games, people seemed wary from the start.

For me personally, I'll say it again, I did well not to view these as "the new Sonic games" like some fans are, but rather a show promotion game like you'd see for Adventure Time, where you never expected it to be good to begin with.

Daxdiv

From the looks of things, no one was sent a review copy of ANY of the Sonic Boom games. Just goes to show how much confidence Sega had in their games. This really does feel more like vehicle to push the cartoon than anything else.

Kiddington

talonmalon333

QuoteOn the first day of release, a glitch was discovered that allowed players to jump to infinite heights by pausing the game during Knuckles' jump, which can be used to bypass most of the game. Speedrunners managed to beat the game in under an hour using the glitch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Boom:_Rise_of_Lyric

You guys weren't kidding with the 2006 comparisons. :D