PlatinumGames / Clover Studio

Started by Foggle, July 17, 2011, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Here's what I've found out about Anarchy Reigns so far:

- 11 different online multi-player modes, including 16 player deathmatch, 1v1 cage matches, survival mode, and Death Ball (which is basically rugby + beat 'em up)
- There are offline bot match versions of the multi-player modes
- 12 playable characters have been revealed, it's rumored that there will be 17 in total
- Characters include Jack, Black Baron, Mathilda, and Big Bull from Madworld
- You can also play as Bayonetta, but she's a pre-order bonus
- Two single-player campaigns, with one of them starring Jack, adding up to "more than 10 hours of gameplay"
- OST is similar to MadWorld's, but with a larger track list and more variety in artists, though this one also has some instrumental songs from what I hear
- It releases for PS3 and Xbox 360 on July 3rd in NA

Some things that are kind of disappointing about it:
- It's been confirmed that there is no split-screen at all
- Bayonetta is a pre-order bonus (not that big a deal since she doesn't appear to be retailer-exclusive, but still)
- Sega has not been promoting the game at all; I actually had to dig to find most of this information

I'm very impressed with everything that I've seen so far. The gameplay looks incredibly solid, and each character appears to be completely unique. It appears to contain an absolutely unprecedented amount of content; 11 multi-player modes and two single-player modes are nothing to scoff at. Sound The Alarm and Days Of Old are amazing and stand alongside the very best tracks from Madworld (and the other trailer songs sound amazing, too).

This is easily my most anticipated game of the past two years.

Spark Of Spirit

There's not really much Sega can do for this, unfortunately. This type of game is not exactly mainstream anymore.

But they DO need some Sega characters in this. If they had Axel and Joe Musashi I would buy one million copies myself.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Maybe they'll do a Sega character DLC pack or something. I'd love to see Kazuma Kiryu in this game.

But my most wanted guest character would have to be Travis Touchdown. ;)

gunswordfist

Whoa, it comes out on my birthday.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2012, 11:13:10 PM
There's not really much Sega can do for this, unfortunately. This type of game is not exactly mainstream anymore.

But they DO need some Sega characters in this. If they had Axel and Joe Musashi I would buy one million copies myself.
Yes! :swoon:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Four new characters announced since last month!

Douglas Williamsburg

Rin Rin (from MadWorld)

Fei Rin

Ai Rin

Also, you can now listen to a sample of Testin' Me and a high quality sample of Sound The Alarm on the Max Anarchy jukebox!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Achievements for Anarchy Reigns are out. And I'm really fucking happy about this one:

QuoteAnarchy Recognizes Anarchy 30
Unlock all player characters in the game.

You have to unlock some of the characters! Except for Brawl, I haven't seen that kinda' thing since the PS2! Thank you, Platinum!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 25, 2012, 08:09:26 PM
Achievements for Anarchy Reigns are out. And I'm really fucking happy about this one:

QuoteAnarchy Recognizes Anarchy 30
Unlock all player characters in the game.

You have to unlock some of the characters! Except for Brawl, I haven't seen that kinda' thing since the PS2! Thank you, Platinum!
You also do it in the original version of Street Fighter 4. It sucks there, though.

I'm interested in the game and all, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough by then. July also has Rhythm Thief and most likely Jet Set Radio HD. Unless Walmart has a $39.99 deal when it comes out, I guess.

Foggle

I've had the money set aside for Max Payne 3, Lollipop Chainsaw, and this game since last year. Pretty much all I'm going to be able to buy until sometime in Q4.

Oh, and it's a Platinum game, so it'll probably be $40 before September. :(

Foggle

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It pleases me to see so much Madworld love poured into this game. I kinda miss the noir-print style from Madworld, but the game still looks like a ton of fun.

Foggle

One of the trailers had a 5 second black and white gameplay segment. It didn't look like a video effect, either. I'm pretty sure the game will have an unlockable graphical filter to make it look like MadWorld.

Foggle

A full round of team deathmatch.

It starts out kinda' slow, but shit gets real once the players start really getting into it. The controls appear to be almost the exact same as in God Hand, which is too awesome for words.

Foggle

QuoteOn the US site for this game ( http://www.sega.com/anarchyreigns ) the release date has changed from July 3 to TBC...
Looks like the game might be delayed again!

/SIGH