What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Just finished the new Jojo and then Ushio & Tora before that. God dammit, UT's OP had a major spoiler. I feel like a dumbass for watching any of it. Back to just skipping OPs for me. Anyway, I love seeing so much of the cast come together this episode, even if was mostly just them attacking Ushio lol. Hakumen is up to some devious shit again. This should be a pretty nice little arc.

I know almost nothing about DiU so a learned quite a bit. So Jotaro is just 28 in this and is basically in Joseph's advisor role from Stardust Crusader? Very interesting. All I knew about Josuke was that his stand could heal and going by one of shadow Gentlemen's posts, he was probably Joseph's son. Never thought about him being Jotaro's uncle though. lol I don't think the show has ever looked this colorful - I love it. Also, things got extremely creepy fast.

Nice start to the Spring anime season. The only bad part is I'll have to wait a week for new episodes.  :gonk:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, Digibro and Mother's Basement just uploaded a 3 1/2 hour debate on whether ERASED was any good or not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmdIcr2C39g

LumRanmaYasha

That's over half the runtime of the show itself. How someone can even stand to argue about a single anime for that long baffles me.

Then again, Digibro has spent 4+ hours complaining about why The Asterisk War sucks, which is almost as how long as it takes to watch the actual show, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, it's more of a podcast than a structured review, and they go off on a lot of tangents in the middle, so it's more like only two hours of discussion actually having to do with the show itself, and about an hour's worth of argument from each side. Additionally, he made it clear that he didn't even want to devote so much time to talking about the show in the first place. He just wanted to address all of the hate that he'd been getting for his opinion by explaining himself thoroughly (and vice versa for Jeff, who had been bashed by some people for praising the show as highly as he did).

Anyways, it's an interesting discussion, and while Digibro brings up a lot of valid criticisms, I still tend to side with Jeff in that the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Avaitor

I'm on the episode where someone tries to cook Lupin's brain to be ate.

This is insane. I love it! It's even more batshit than the Superman episode a few eps ago.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Why does one need 4 hours to argue why Asterisk War sucks? It only took me three minutes.

Pharass

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2016, 01:42:44 PM
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju is getting a second season!

Awesome. I absolutely loved the show, despite having no prior knowledge about rakugo going into it. Anime at its finest, in my opinion.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Lord Dalek

So far...

JoJos = win
Luluco = fail
Asterisk = rince repeat
Gundam = rehash
My Hero Academia = wins and wins some more
Kuma miko = noose

LumRanmaYasha

I've enjoyed all the shows I've watched so far, but then again the only one I've seen that's not a sequel or based on a manga I've already read is Luluco. Really, the only shows I've planned to check out that I'm not already familiar with are Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, so hopefully those turn out to be good surprises. 

Quote from: Pharass on April 04, 2016, 07:18:10 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2016, 01:42:44 PM
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju is getting a second season!
Awesome. I absolutely loved the show, despite having no prior knowledge about rakugo going into it. Anime at its finest, in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm really glad it's going to get a the second season to finish adapting the story, and I hope the critical acclaim it's received leads to the manga getting licensed sometime as well.

Foggle

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I tried it. It's not really my cup of tea, but I'll still give it a few episodes to see if it wins me over. On the one hand I appreciate the low-budget zaniness and mini-episode structure of this series in regard to how it's clearly reminiscent of Inferno Cop. On the other hand, this didn't really manage to make me laugh or smirk like Inferno Cop did, so it really lacks the charm of that series, IMO.

Foggle

I thought it was just as funny as Inferno Cop myself, but the humor is pretty different. At least they're both inarguably better than Ninja Slayer...

Lord Il

I gave the first episode of Luluco a try yesterday..

The hell....?!
:lol: