What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

From what you've written about it in your articles, it certainly sounds egregiously obnoxious and poorly written like Sword Art was. I do look forward to reading your write-ups on the series as it continues, to see how bad it can possibly get, since I don't have time to invest in watching a terrible show myself.    ;)

As for me, I'm swamped with work and this being the last week of school I'm scrambling to get things done in time. So the only anime I've been watching besides JoJo's is Space Adventure Cobra, which I'm about 2/3rds done with. That's really all I can manage, right now.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

Just finished watching episode 127 of Hunter X Hunter. I admit I kind of chuckled at how they screamed "Your Majesty" at the end. Also, that music seemed like something from a bad (sad) ending of a video game. Also, Gon has seriously flipped seeing as he threatened to kill Komugi and set up a hostage situation.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Cardcaptor Sakura is getting its own special release here.

I still enjoy what I've seen of it lately, so I might consider it. Although I don't think I could afford the Blu.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

That's waayyy too expensive for me, but it's nice that's it's gotten a re-release. Hopefully my library picks up some copies and I can watch the show that way.

Eddy

I've started watching anime again for the first time in years (I think the last show I watched was, like, Big O?).

I just finished Watamote, which I loved and was able to identify far too much with the main character. I'm just about to finish up Madoka Magica, which went places I never expected a magical girl show to go. Next I plan on watching Kill La Kill and Attack on Titan.

gunswordfist

I just got finished watching episode 128 of Hunter X Hunter. The first 10 or so minutes of the episode was some of the most trippiest animation I've ever seen.

Spark Of Spirit

Digimon season 3 was just added to our Netflix.

I know what anime I'll be watching next.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Burned through Kill La Kill in just a few days and absolutely loved it.

LumRanmaYasha

Huh. Looks like Doraemon is finally coming to the U.S., airing on Disney XD starting this summer. I'm surprised it's taken this long for any of the series to come over here, honestly. It's a fun kids show from the few dozen episodes I've seen of it, and I'll be curious to see how the english dub preserves the spirit of the show despite making changes to americanize it and whatnot.

LumRanmaYasha

I watched the first episode of Fate/Zero. Even though it was basically 45 minutes of people expositing stuff, it did a good job getting me interested in watching the rest of the series and seeing where things go.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll be honest, the first 6 episodes were way too exposition-heavy and kind of boring, IMO, but it gets really good at some point after that.

gunswordfist

I just thought the first episode was kind of boring and that's it.

LumRanmaYasha

Got all the GTO dvds from the library, so I decided to once and for all finish watching the anime. I've tried 4 times now, but the farthest I got was episode 7. I still decided to start at the beginning again since it has been a while since I last tried to watch it. I blew through the first two discs today, which means I've finished through episode 11. I must say that watching it on tv is a much better experience than online, and I find myself able to get into it and enjoy it a lot more than I did previously. Since I'm already a fourth done, I think I'll be able to finish the series over this weekend. 

And I still think Onizuka is Steve Blum's best role ever.

gunswordfist

You spelled Guyver 3 wrong.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eikichi Onizuka, Guillmon, Spike Spiegel, Makoto Shishio, and Jamie = Steve Blum's top 5 roles

I also liked him as the Green Goblin from TSSM and Red Skull from AEMH, and he did a decent Wolverine as well.