The Greatest Anime Episode Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharass

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this match. I just started watching Space Brothers and I'd rather not skip ahead. As for the others: I've watched my fair share of Gintama, but I can't really remember where I left off and its not really a show I have any interest in getting back into, there are other shows I'd prioritize instead. Same goes for Ushio & Tora (sans the "having watched it before" bit). That leaves the Urusei Yatsura ep, but there doesn't seem to be much of a point in watching only one episode in a match.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

LumRanmaYasha

Well someone has to vote. It's been like three weeks now... :shit:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, but I skipped the Gintama episode because I'm currently watching the series and don't want to spoil myself.

Space Brothers
Ushio and Tora
Urusei Yatsura
Gintama

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Ushio & Tora - The perfect early episode to showcase Tora. His sillyness, badassery and conflict were all on display. We got to see how Ushio deals with civilians getting killed and him finally getti g tokd about Hakumen and his mother. Plus nice collection of creeoy monsters here.
Space Brothers - Japan takes soccer too seriously. Dumb ass Hibito is a sweetheart. Episode got to me a little.
Gintama
Urusei
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Finally!

Results:

Ushio & Tora #12: "Road to the Touno Yokai Battle (Part One)" - 12
Gintama #180: "The More Precious The Burden, The Heavier and More Difficult It Is To Shoulder It"- 9
Space Brothers #28: "Miracle of Doha" - 11
Urusei Yatsura #75: "And Then There Were None" - 8

"Road to the Touno Yokai Battle (Part One)" and "Miracle of Doha" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

gunswordfist

Motherfucker [this round].. and nice sig.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

VLordGTZ

Fate/Zero
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
One Punch Man
Excel Saga

I really enjoy the OPM episode, but the fact that it feels underwhelming compared to its manga counterpart (specifically the Sonic vs Sea King portion) has always bothered me.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Crap, I meant to nominate episode 9, not 8..

LumRanmaYasha

Same as Avaitor.

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 20, 2016, 10:33:26 PM
Crap, I meant to nominate episode 9, not 8..

Man, I would've voted much differently if you had!  :sweat: