Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'll be honest and say that the Eva movies have been the only time I've watched the block this year.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I still haven't watched it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 01, 2013, 03:41:34 PM
I still haven't watched it.
Same. I'm usually either asleep or doing work by the time the big 3 bullshit ends. Like hell I'm staying up past 3 AM to watch their only good shows, one of which I own on DVD.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, I like the One Piece anime, so that's the earliest good show the block has on for me. One Piece is honestly only show on Toonami that's actually worth it for me to watch right now, since they are airing episodes I haven't seen dubbed yet.

I've watched all of Soul Eater and Star Wars: The Clone Wars before, and they're both alright, but not good enough for me to watch them unless I'm already staying up late anyway, which I almost never am. The Big O, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Cowboy Bebop are great and I love them and all, but I've seen each of those shows three-four times in full already, and I'd rather sleep from 3-5am in the morning than watch reruns (something I'm not keen on doing anymore, anyway, cause of how massive my backlogs for so many things is).

And, of course, I hate or dislike Bleach, Naruto, Sword Art Online, IGPX, and the InuYasha anime, so I generally don't watch them. Overall there is little for me to be excited about watching in the block, so there's nothing really keeping me watching it, and since I don't really have the ability or real desire to stay up late on Saturdays just for dubbed One Piece anymore, I haven't watched the block for the last month or so, and probably won't unless they get something I'm really dying to see. Well, I might wake up to catch the Band of 7 arc of InuYasha since the anime actually did a good job with that part of the series, and I can catch it at 8am with the west feed, but only if I don't feel like sleeping or doing other shit, which is pretty unlikely. Aside from the 12am and 2am hours, I don't think the block is awful, but there's also nothing exciting about it either that makes me want to lose sleep over it. All I want is a good new show or two I haven't watched before or at least haven't watched before dubbed. Is that too much to ask for, Toonami?  :imnothappy:

gunswordfist

I watched it last month and an additional time or two.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

A looming reminder of what's to come.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 02, 2013, 03:30:40 AMA looming reminder of what's to come.

I'll be spending that half-hour eating popcorn while on TZ.

Lord Dalek

If LL survives that long, her disgust at Kazuha should make for comedy gold.

Lord Dalek

This. This is what I live for in a TZ Talkback. A bunch of poor schlubs about to discover this show's decent into depravity.

Daikun

Wrong link, Dalek.

Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN...

Toonami From Heaven 2014

12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (201x series)
12:30 - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
01:00 - Attack on Titan
01:30 - Kill la Kill
02:00 - Blood-Lad
02:30 - Psycho-Pass
03:00 - Gargantia on the Verduous Planet
03:30 - Fate/Zero
04:00 - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
04:30 - Space Adventure Cobra (subtitled)
05:00 - Girls und Panzer
05:30 - Log Horizon

Lord Dalek

And on the other end of the spectrum...

TOONAMI FROM HELL!!! 2014

12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Naruto
01:00 - Il Sole Penetera il Illusioni
01:30 - Vividred Operation
02:00 - Lupin III Part III
02:30 - Valvrave The Liberator
03:00 - Diabolik Lovers
03:15 - Kakusen-Kun
03:30 - Stella Girls Academy Club C-Cubed
04:00 - Flowers of Evil
04:30 - Geist Crusher
05:00 - Strike the Blood
05:30 - Monogatari Series

LumRanmaYasha

Is part three of Lupin really that bad?

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 20, 2013, 08:02:49 PM
Is part three of Lupin really that bad?
It's pretty horrible. There are maybe 5-10 really good episodes in there, but the rest is garbage.