Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

There'll be a special schedule for December 28th, to celebrate/promote Space Dandy coming the week after:

12:00 AM - Trigun: Badlands Rumble
3:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 5
3:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 12
4:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 13
4:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 17
5:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 25
5:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Episode 26

Sure didn't take them long to get Cowboy Bebop back, huh?  : :sweat:  Well, I'm down for this marathon nonetheless since they airing some great episodes of the show and I can never get burned out on Bebop myself, especially these episodes. Though, I have to wonder what will really be airing between 2-3am, since Badlands would only be two hours with commercials. What surprises could they possibly have in store... :thinkin:

Foggle

An entire hour of King Star King!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

LumRanmaYasha

I know you're joking, but nah. DeMarco said on the Toonami faithful podcast they won't be airing that again, much less 4 times. It'll probably be something related thematically/content-wise to Space Dandy like Cowboy Bebop, though your guess is as good as mine as to what that is.

Rynnec

They should've squeezed in a little Outlaw Star in there.

Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2013, 09:07:26 PM
An entire hour of King Star King!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Followed by a sneak preview of Kick-Heart: the series

gunswordfist

Sweet. Bebop should have never been removed.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

TOONAMI: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2013 (in total viewers)

12:00AM MOVIE: Summer Wars 0.9 HH, 1.362 million
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.6 HH, 845,000
3:00AM Star Wars Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 845,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 714,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 677,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 639,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 708,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 703,000

:joy:

I never thought anything but Bleach would get those kind of ratings. And keep in mind, that's the average for the entire two and a half hours. The AVERAGE. The average for those two and a half hours normally would be only a little over a million, so Summer Wars' performance is incredibly exceptional. The fact that Fooly Cooly and Star Wars' numbers are so high after it (seriously, nearly 850,000 at 3am? That's unprecedented!) attest to how well it did.

I expect you are pleased, E-K.  ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm glad to see that the film finally got the wide-spread exposure that it always deserved.

Daikun

I wonder how they consider it an "average." :thinkin:

In any case, that's truly phenomenal.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 15, 2013, 09:04:57 PMThough, I have to wonder what will really be airing between 2-3am, since Badlands would only be two hours with commercials. What surprises could they possibly have in store... :thinkin:

Two more episodes of Bebop.

LumRanmaYasha

Ah. Well, at least they're good episodes, so I can dig it.

LumRanmaYasha

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 09, 2013, 08:43:23 PMSamurai Jack will replace FLCL after it's current run. Go to 1:48:30 for the proof.

Airing at 4AM? :shit:

I get that the show is old, but instead of directly placing it in FLCL's slot (which I feel would be a better placement), they're bumping up Naruto reruns for this.

If they were going to bump Naruto, then at least put it at 3AM. Placing it after rerun-to-death GitS:SAC and Brotherhood as well is just rubbing salt on the wound.

EDIT: No promo, either. Salt AND lemon juice on the wound.

gunswordfist

That's beyond fucked up. Still not as bad as new YYH at the buttcrack of dawn though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

BOOM. Toonami is proud to announce our next acquisition, BLACK LAGOON! It?s time for some truly ADULT action to hit the block. BLACK LAGOON will begin airing on Saturday, March 22nd, replacing SOUL EATER, which will air its final episode the week before. For more info on the Black Lagoon, go here: http://www.funimation.com/shows/black-lagoon

And of course, we?ll see you on March 22nd, when the ass kicking begins!

WHOA!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Amen, Hallelujah, and peanut butter.