Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Are we talking about classic Sailor Moon? Because, even though I've never been a big fan, I'd still gladly take that over Crystal, and seeing as how that one has the new English dub and Crystal is still only streaming with subtitles, it seems much more likely.

LumRanmaYasha

Classic Sailor Moon. There wouldn't be enough Crystal episodes by November for Toonami to air it on a weekly basis.

Avaitor

Yeah, Crystal's backlash wouldn't make it a very desirable choice, while the original has that extra bit of shear nostalgia factor that the block is often willing to cash in on.

The only draw-back to airing the original is that it's old, but age doesn't seem to be that much of a problem for this iteration of Toonami.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

that means no more shippuden?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

No, the first Naruto anime is gone now. Shippuden will continue to air.

Rynnec

Unfortunately enough.

Dr. Insomniac

Saying that Crystal won't air due to bad reception is like saying Sword Art wouldn't air due to bad reception, but then that happened in spite of all of the people telling Jason DeMarco about the tentacle scene.

Avaitor

True, but the biweekly airing schedule is still another factor against it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still pitying a Toonami that won't air Madoka.

Daikun

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 24, 2014, 11:54:03 AM
I'm still pitying a Toonami that won't air Madoka.
Get Shinbo to make twelve more episodes then.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

I can't wait until Toonami airs Beyblade.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

For what it's worth, I'd rather watch that than another Attack on Titan marathon.

It's funny, because I remember saying that, while I knew it would never air on the block for various reasons, I would have found Tamers to be a good fit. People might argue that point because it's technically a kids show, but in terms of actual content, it contains far better writing and more mature story-lines than anything in Naruto or Bleach, which most Toonami fans seem to be OK with. Also, it's not like classic Toonami didn't air it's fair share of kids and toyetic shows. I mean, they aired fucking. Hamtaro for. Crying out loud. My point being that the reasons people give for it not belonging on the block are silky when you consider that they are complete double standards.

I don't know about all of you, but I just want to watch good shows on the block. Not shows that are pretending to be more mature and well-written than they really are to appeal to the YA demographic who wants to believe they are watching more adult entertainment yet don't understand the first thing about what makes a show mature.

Regardless, this isn't going to go down, anyways. Even if the demand was insanely high (which it's not), they aren't going to get the rights to air it considering who else has it right now.

LumRanmaYasha

Toonami was forced to air Hamtaro, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! by the network. If they had their way, those shows would have never aired on the block at all.

That said, Digimon Tamers on the block might be neat if they ever by some miracle can snatch the rights to it.