Favorite Movies

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 11:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

You knew this was coming.

I made a kinda top 30 and made my friends guess which one is which by quotes on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/avaitor-taylor/movie-quotes-game/483504019353

Some of them have been answered, but a decent amount haven't. Here you are if you want to try to answer some.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh-ho-ho-ho. Two can play at this game bizatch. Just give me a little while and I'll give you my top 30 in quotes as well.

Avaitor

You better fucking know what #14 is, mate.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not only do I know what it is, but I'm pissed that its ONLY at #14. Clint Eastwood would not be happy with a list like that, Avaitor. :anger:

Avaitor

Hey, it's only tentative, dude. Could be #5 tomorrow, maybe even at the top.

New blog!

talonmalon333

This is my top 20 favorite movie list.

1. Jaws
2. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
3. Vertigo
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. King Kong
6. Rear Window
7. American Beauty
8. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
9. Pan's Labyrinth
10. Million Dollar Baby
11. Beauty and the Beast
12. Raging Bull
13. Scarface
14. The Exorcist
15. Taxi Driver
16. Psycho
17. Pinocchio - Walt Disney
18. Roman Holiday
19. It's a Wonderful Life
20. The Lion King

Excellent!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To Avoid the posts going on too long, I'm only doing 10 at a time, per post.

1. -You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. We cut down my percentage - uh, cigar? - liable to interfere with my aim.
-But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco. Nothing!

2. -Why do you want to join the force?
-To protect the property and citizenry of...
-Ah, don't waste my time with that bullshit. Where you from, Stone?
-I'm from the south-side.
-Stone. George Stone. That's your name? What's your real name?
-That is my real name.
-Nah. What was it before you changed it?
-Giuseppe Petri.
-Ah, I knew it. That's all you need, one thieving wop on the team.
-Hey, what's that you say?
-I said that you're a lying member of a no good race.
-Much better than you, you stinking Irish pig.
-Oh, I like him.

3. -They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls. Let's book!

4. -No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby."
-Hasta la vista, baby.
-Yeah but later, dickwad. And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations.
-Chill out, dickwad.
-Great! See, you're getting it!
-No problemo.

5. -I'm sorry I had to fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.

6. -You stupid bastard, I can't fuckin' believe you. Now, you're gonna dig the fuckin' thing now. You're gonna dig the hole. You're gonna do it. I got no fuckin' lime. You're gonna do it.
-Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?

7. -Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear.
-I gave you a fresh pair of mine to wear. Where are they?
-They're in the pocket of my jacket. Here.
-I don't want them back.
-These are not boxer shorts. Mine are boxer shorts. These are Hanes 32.
-Underwear is underwear, Ray.
-My boxer shorts have my name and it says Raymond.
-All right, when we pass the store, we'll pick you up a pair of boxer shorts.
-I get my boxer shorts at K-Mart in Cincinnati.
-We're not going back to Cincinnati, Ray, so don't even start with that.

8. -Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
-Precisely.
-Whoa, this is heavy.
-There's that word again; "heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

9. -Hey, this one looks like a preacher.
-I preach.
-Yeah, what do you preach, gold?
-The word of God.
-Eh, but you like gold, huh?
-It can work for the lord as well as the devil. Why should only the Church O' Rome have gold? Gold, silver, bibles and corruption, when I get my gold-
-Your gold?
-My share....my share will build a tavernacle to the Lord, a temple of the true gospel, maybe a whole string of 'em through the territory.
-Hey Ben to bring this fellow you gotta be crazier than he is.
-I told you everybody knows. You can't keep gold a secret, it travels in the air. Anyways we can use every gun we can get, no matter who carries it.
-Hey Mackenna.
-Preacher, this isn't gonna be like a walk to Church on a Sunday. Might get yourself killed. Might even have to do some killing yourself.
-The Lord knows what he wants his servants to do.
-Anyways, the gold belongs to the Apache.
-It can be used for them, to bring 'em to the Lord!
-Ai Chiuaua, he makes a good deal with his Lord!

10. -Please don't eat me.
-Drop 'em!
-Hey! Who's the pig?
-Are you talkin' to me?
-Uh-oh, they called him a pig.
-Are you talking to *me*?
-Ya shouldn't have done that.
-ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
-Now they're in for it.
-THEY CALL ME MR. PIG! AHHHH!

Avaitor

1 is Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
4 is T2
8 is BTTF
9 I think is Mackenna's Gold
10 is Lion King

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

11. -Oh, uh, Charlie - about your little problem - there are two kinds of people in this world: those who stand up and face the music, and those who run for cover. Cover is better.

12. -You want to give me the cash, or do I kill your brother first, before I kill you?
-Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.

13. -Which one of you guys wants to be a general? Pinkley?
-What kind of general, sir?
-Just a plain, ordinary, every day, home-lovin' American general.
-I'd rather be a civilian, sir.
-You've seen a general inspecting troops before haven't you? Just walk slow, act dumb and look stupid!

14. -What kind of city are we running when we depend on the support of a potential madman!?!
-What rot, sir! Why you're the very model of sanity. Oh by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls.

15. -Do all killers have a sense of honor?
-The world has changed. Honor is now a dirty word.

16. -I am wondering, why are you here?
-I'm looking for someone.
-Looking? Found someone, you have, I would say, hmmm?
-Right...
-Help you I can. Yes, mmmm.
-I don't think so. I'm looking for a great warrior.
-Ohhh. Great warrior.
-Wars not make one great.

17. -Now, I want you to say "doggy".
-Doggy.
-Notice, that nothing happens. Now, say "Montana".
-Montana.
-Good. Now, "pillow".
-Pillow.
-All right. Now I want you to say "horse fucker".
-Go on, honey. It's all right.
-Horse fu....That hurts, goddamnit!
-Now I want you to say "big floppy donkey dick".
-No!
-Success! The child doesn't want to swear!
-This isn't fair, you sons of bi....

18. -You want me to kill Jappos, I'll kill Jappos.
-I'm not asking you to kill anybody.
-You want me to kill THE ENEMIES of Jappos, I'll kill THE ENEMIES of Jappos... Rebs, or Sioux, or Cheyenne... For 500 bucks a month I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free.

19. -Sir knight? I've just pissed in my pants... and nobody can do anything about it.

20. -What's with all these paper cranes? You bored? Maybe you feel lonely here?
-You know, I've always hated making cranes. I make one each time I kill somebody. How about it, shall I make you one?
-No thanks. And if you'll get killed, who'll make yours?

Avaitor

14- Mask of the Phantasm
17- Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Heh, well I think the fact that I mentioned Mackenna's name in the quotes kind of gave away the fact that it was that movie. I knew that nobody would get it if I cut off the quote before that point.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here's a hint: #'s 15 and 20 are John Woo movies.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

21. -Old woman.
-Man.
-Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
-I'm 37.
-What?
-I'm 37. I'm not old.
-Well I can't just call you "man".
-Well you could say "Dennis".
-I didn't know you were called Dennis.
-Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
-I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
-What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
-Well I am king.
-Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

22. -How do you go about writing a detective story?
-Well, you forget detection and concentrate on crime. Crime's the thing. And then you imagine you're going to steal something or murder somebody.
-Oh, is that how you do it? It's interesting.
-Yes, I usually put myself in the criminal's shoes and then I keep asking myself, uh, what do I do next?
-Do you really believe in the perfect murder?
-Mmm, yes, absolutely. On paper, that is. And I think I could, uh, plan one better than most people; but I doubt if I could carry it out.
-Oh? Why not?
-Well, because in stories things usually turn out the way the author wants them to; and in real life they don't... always.
-Hmm.
-No, I'm afraid my murders would be something like my bridge: I'd make some stupid mistake and never realize it until I found everybody was looking at me.

23. -Quasi, take it from an old spectator. Life's not a spectator sport. If watchin' is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya.

24. -You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out....getting anywhere....getting all the way to the FBI.

25. -I'm scared Poncho.
-Bullshit. You ain't afraid of no man.
-There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

26. -Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?
-You send that many, don't forget one thing.
-What?
-A good supply of body bags.

27. -Do you believe in Santa Claus?
-No.
-Nor do I. Nor do I, but my children do. They are still small. But do you know who they like even better than Santa Claus? His helper, Pedro el Negro. Black Peter. There's an old Mexican tale that tells of how Santa Claus got so very busy looking out for the good children that he had to hire some help to look out for the bad children. So he hired Pedro. And Santa Claus gave him a list with all the names of all the bad children. And Pedro would come every night to check them out. And the people, the little kids that were misbehaving, that were not saying their prayers, Pedro would leave a little toy donkey on their window. A little burro. And he would come back, and if the children were still misbehaving, Pedro would take them away, and nobody would ever see them again. Now, if I am being Santa Claus, and you are Pedro, how do you think jolly Santa Claus would feel if one day Pedro came into his office and said, 'I lost the list.' How fucking furious do you think he will get?
-I think...I think you should tell the guy standing behind me to put his gun away.
-What?
-I said, I think you should tell him to put the gun down before I rip it out of his hand and beat his bitch-ass to death with it.

28. -Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.

29. -How's Paulie?
-Oh, Paulie... won't see him no more.

30. -What's he doing? Cleaning house?
-He's washing and scrubbing down the bathroom walls.
-Must've splattered a lot.
-Come on, that's what we're all thinkin'. He killed her in there, now he has to clean up those stains before he leaves.
-Stella... your choice of words!
-Nobody ever invented a polite word for a killin' yet.

Avaitor

2- The Untouchables
5- Forrest Gump
16- The Empire Strikes Back
20- Hard Boiled
23- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
25- Predator
28- The Shining

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

#3 is Aliens, BTW, and #6 is Goodfellas.

Also, here's another hint for my list: #'s 22 and 30 are both Hitchcock films.