Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

There's barely any promotion for Fant4stic as well. I saw non tie in comics, the only food chain I see with a promo is Dennys, people apparently didn't notice the stars of the flick casually walking around Comic Con one day. I barely noticed a marketing machine for this flick. Well that and we all know the main reason this flick was made was just so Fox could keep the rights to making F4 movies.

gunswordfist

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/tom-hardy-to-take-on-100-bullets-feature-film/1100-153180/

I probably shouldn't get too excited because comic book movies love extended stays at development hell and I have no clue if it'll actually be good but if my favorite comic book series gets a good movie.. :'( of joy
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Phase 3 extension!

I'm not surprised, since it seems like they're trying to build up Hope in the canon. I am a little disappointed that Black Panther and Captain Marvel are being pushed back, but she deserves her time to shine. I still don't get why Scott had to be in either suit instead of her, honestly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Motherfucker, the Civil War trailer actually makes the movie look really good. And also, about Captain America. brb putting a crow in the oven.

EDIT: Forgot the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

gunswordfist

I'll watch it once I watch Ultron. :thinkin:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

MY BODY IS READY! :joy:

If this movie is as amazing as it looks, not only could it surpass The Winter Soldier, but it could cement Captain America as the greatest superhero film trilogy to date.

Foggle

It really does look wonderful. I'm so glad they're making this an actual Captain America 3 instead of just Avengers 2.5 or Cap vs. Iron Man as I'd feared. Or, worse still, a legitimate adaptation of the comic book. :whuh:

I should probably get around to watching Ant-Man and the other films I missed out on sometime (as well as finally giving Avengers 1 a second chance). This trailer and Jessica Jones have officially restored my MCU hype. :)

Daikun

Can someone please explain to me how the Cap keeps getting better with each movie? It's something I wasn't expecting when this whole MCU started panning out.

He started out as a "meh" entry in Phase 1, then he gets the best movie in Phase 2, and now... :huh:

Dr. Insomniac

Cheered when I saw Black Panther.

Foggle

It's just too bad Infinity War Part 1 will probably be Cap's last appearance in the MCU. :'( These movies have really made me a fan of his.

Foggle

Wow, I hadn't heard about that! Hooray! :im_nabeshin:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 24, 2015, 11:53:19 PM
It really does look wonderful. I'm so glad they're making this an actual Captain America 3 instead of just Avengers 2.5 or Cap vs. Iron Man as I'd feared. Or, worse still, a legitimate adaptation of the comic book. :whuh:

I should probably get around to watching Ant-Man and the other films I missed out on sometime (as well as finally giving Avengers 1 a second chance). This trailer and Jessica Jones have officially restored my MCU hype. :)
:D It looks like it'll be Marvel's 2nd good Civil War.

That reminds me, I need to watch Ant-Man myself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daikun on November 25, 2015, 12:09:34 AMHe started out as a "meh" entry in Phase 1, then he gets the best movie in Phase 2, and now... :huh:

:il_rope:

The First Avenger was the best part of Phase 1 besides the original Iron Man.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on November 25, 2015, 12:15:10 AM
It's just too bad Infinity War Part 1 will probably be Cap's last appearance in the MCU. :'( These movies have really made me a fan of his.

Go watch AEMH and read Ed Brubaker's Captain America run, in that case. It'll make you an even bigger fan. ;)

Literally the only good part of Civil War was The Death of Captain America story-line by Brubaker, from what I've read.