Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

DuckTales should have been in the top 20, IMO. The show was really too good.

I just hope you guys wouldn't put NGE over Monster. While I would probably take Monster out of the top 10, I would definitely not have NGE above it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Avaitor

If you know me, I might've. But not if you guys aren't cool with that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think both should be in the top 20, but Monster should be higher.

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2012, 10:15:43 PM
DuckTales should have been in the top 20, IMO. The show was really too good.
You know, as much as I love MSG and Daria, I could've easily replaced either one for DuckTales. It fits enough of the requirements to hit the top 20, but I didn't vouch for it to rank that high since I wasn't sure if we should rank something that the rest of the people on the list aren't as familiar with that high, like DT.

Although I guess in that case, we shouldn't have put Jonny Quest or Rocky & Bullwinkle so high either. But I think they completely deserve their placements myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, I think those two completely deserve high rankings (and R&B is totally a top 5 show) but DuckTales... I think DuckTales will go down as a classic once it's out of the "80s kid nostalgia" phase of its life. For those who weren't 80s kids, it's already a classic.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

DuckTales' appeal has nothing to do with 80's nostalgia. I grew up loving it as a 90's kid, and I still love it today.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I never grew up with Ducktales, and I've only ever seen a few episodes of the show. Perhaps I should watch a good chunk of it and be the unbiased judge of whether its a good show that has stood the test of time or is a product of nostalgia. What I've seen of it was surprisingly good, but not exactly top 20 material, either, but I'd need to see a lot more of it, myself.

Avaitor

I bumped the tz thread out of boredom. Feel free to prepare yourself to post there as well. You might also need to c/p the new blog's take on it, considering that I'm using my iPhone.

New blog!

Eddy

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CLODS DIDN'T INCLUDE THUNDERCATS OR G1 TRANSFORMERS OR MY LIFE ME
:srs: :srs:   :srs:

Dr. Insomniac

For a second, I actually thought we had an Applejack smiley.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My god, I believe I actually lost brain-cells while watching that. I barely lasted a full minute into the video before just enough of my senses had returned to me for me to realize that I had the ability to close the page and never have to watch it again. :whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 19, 2012, 06:56:50 PM
My god, I believe I actually lost brain-cells while watching that. I barely lasted a full minute into the video before just enough of my senses had returned to me for me to realize that I had the ability to close the page and never have to watch it again. :whuh:
Someone's clearly too scared to be a monguh artist. :sly:

Eddy

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on August 19, 2012, 06:46:24 PM
MY LIFE ME
That was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 19, 2012, 06:51:58 PM
For a second, I actually thought we had an Applejack smiley.
So did I. It was mortifying.